Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was about to place the order and then they raised the price. Anyone want to give up their order? I don’t care what place it’s on, as long as it’s before March 1st.

Second question, I was intending to tow a boat with this. Do I still need the quad motors for that? If roads require chains because of snow, will the dual motor suffice or only quad motor?

·
Registered
423 Posts
13. Assignment
You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. Rivian may assign these Terms or your Preorder Fee in our discretion without your consent. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement will be null and void.

14. No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation
Rivian and its affiliates may unilaterally cancel any Preorder that we believe has been made with the intent to resell the Vehicle or otherwise has been made in bad faith. Rivian may also cancel your Preorder if a vehicle, product, feature, or option is discontinued after you place your Preorder.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello,

I was about to place the order and then they raised the price. Anyone want to give up their order? I don’t care what place it’s on, as long as it’s before March 1st.

Second question, I was intending to tow a boat with this. Do I still need the quad motors for that? If roads require chains because of snow, will the dual motor suffice or only quad motor?

The dual motor option will be a good choice, if you are willing to wait another 2 years. There's still plenty of HP and torque for pulling a trailer. We don't have a lot of details on it yet, but it should compare with the Ford 150 Lightning, which has 2 motors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
?
13. Assignment
You may not assign your rights under these Terms without our express prior consent. Rivian may assign these Terms or your Preorder Fee in our discretion without your consent. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement will be null and void.

14. No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation
Rivian and its affiliates may unilaterally cancel any Preorder that we believe has been made with the intent to resell the Vehicle or otherwise has been made in bad faith. Rivian may also cancel your Preorder if a vehicle, product, feature, or option is discontinued after you place your Preorder.
Thanks @EaglesPDX. Are they saying orders can’t be transferred? I’m not looking to resell. I’ve been on the fence fo a few weeks when I finally got the OK from the wife. The new pricing is just too much.
The dual motor option will be a good choice, if you are willing to wait another 2 years. There's still plenty of HP and torque for pulling a trailer. We don't have a lot of details on it yet, but it should compare with the Ford 150 Lightning, which has 2 motors.
Thank you @JEV Do you know if I’ll still be required to put chains in the snow where required? With my current truck (AWD) they don’t which is very convenient.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Do you know if I’ll still be required to put chains in the snow where required?
How could anyone but you possibly know the answer to this? Chain laws and regulations are not Federal, and we don't know where you live. It should be pretty easy to look up the rules on the DOT website for your state. And if you're planning on traveling out of state you'll probably want to figure that out for other states on your route.

·
Registered
99 Posts
?

Thanks @EaglesPDX. Are they saying orders can’t be transferred? I’m not looking to resell. I’ve been on the fence fo a few weeks when I finally got the OK from the wife. The new pricing is just too much.

Thank you @JEV Do you know if I’ll still be required to put chains in the snow where required? With my current truck (AWD) they don’t which is very convenient.
You still get AWD with 2 motors. The benefits to a 4 motor version are mainly for off road and rock crawling. Just get the AT 20" tires and it will be fine in winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts