Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't get the CarPlay enthusiasm. Every time I rent a car on a business trip with CarPlay, I end up wishing I was back in my Tesla. No doubt CarPlay is a huge step up from what these cars had before. My hope is that the Rivian GUI evolves into something as good or better than Tesla, and then I'll be happy as a clam. I love Spotify as my mobile music service, so obviously that is probably part of my bias.

Kirk

·
Registered
36 Posts
So you’re a fan of Rivian’s WrongWay(TM) nav, then?
Lol, no. I've spent a grand total of 30min driving the R1T on the test drive, so I didn't get a chance to experience how horrible the nav is. But I think the more likely path is for Rivian to improve on what they have vs. switching horses. I use Tesla as an example of what a non-CarPlay interface can evolve into, and if that's where it goes, I'm fine with it. I guess the push for CarPlay is so that we can get something better much more quickly, rather than wait for the software team at RIvian to make improvements on their initial design. And this makes sense, we certainly had to wait for a while for Tesla to work the bugs out of their GUI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts