Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

After a few months of figuring out 3D printing at scale, I am happy to say I am finally in mass production of the armrest organizer for Rivian R1T & R1S. I've seen many folks around here wondering how to utilize this space and just in case someone was unaware that there was such an option, here it is:

I will soon be designing a few more 3D printed products for the R1T. Will reveal when ready.

Oh and you can use code HOLDMYBEER for 10% off 👍

·
Registered
598 Posts
I like the holder, but it is tough to get in and out of the console just to access the deep well beneath it. Also, if there could be an option to have some flecking put in the compartment bins it would prevent stuff from rolling around and making a lot of noise when driving.

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
oooof man people with 3d printers this is so easy to do with about a dollar worth of material, been making a few of these for local r1ts all ready and i charge a whopping 5 dollars for them
Not sure how you get filament that costs so little. The print is 218g, so I can get 4 out of 1kg spool that costs $25 (with taxes). Add packaging, labor, printers maintenance, shipping, lost packages, platform fees, discount codes and my margin is about 50%. And that doesn’t include initial investment, time and material wasted to develop it.

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the holder, but it is tough to get in and out of the console just to access the deep well beneath it. Also, if there could be an option to have some flecking put in the compartment bins it would prevent stuff from rolling around and making a lot of noise when driving.
It's relatively easy, but there is a little friction on the sides. That's because when the armrests are open, they are actually a narrower opening than the actual open space underneath them.
It's on my todo to figure out flocking or rubber mats, just not ready yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
oooof man people with 3d printers this is so easy to do with about a dollar worth of material, been making a few of these for local r1ts all ready and i charge a whopping 5 dollars for them
Keep in mind that you should not use PLA for applications like this - car interiors can get hot enough to melt it. (not saying you are, just as a note for people who may be tempted to DIY with inexpensive filament)

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Keep in mind that you should not use PLA for applications like this - car interiors can get hot enough to melt it. (not saying you are, just as a note for people who may be tempted to DIY with more inexpensive filament)
Learned that a while ago (the hard way of course 😬) I use PETG and just about to start experimenting with ABS for the supposed ability to flock it.

·
Registered
R1T Limestone/OC, R1S on order, RAV4 Prime
19 Posts
Got mine yesterday and love it! BE CAREFUL THOUGH, it is 3d Printed and one of the vertical interior walls snapped off when I used it to lift the box out of the armrest on THE VERY FIRST TIME.

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got mine yesterday and love it! BE CAREFUL THOUGH, it is 3d Printed and one of the vertical interior walls snapped off when I used it to lift the box out of the armrest on THE VERY FIRST TIME.
That’s strange! Do you mean the movable divider or the wall to which it anchors?
Either way please DM me and I will send you a free replacement.

·
Registered
R1T Limestone/OC, R1S on order, RAV4 Prime
19 Posts
Oh, this was my fault. I gorilla gripped it and snapped the part off… Was just wanting people to be gentle with that middle stand alone divider. No need for you to replace something that I caused. You just keep on building more things for the Rivian and I’ll keep buying.

Today in the mail, I received 7 of the PPF kits— ordered all of the smaller films. Excited to see if I can do it before ordering the larger panels.

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, this was my fault. I gorilla gripped it and snapped the part off… Was just wanting people to be gentle with that middle stand alone divider. No need for you to replace something that I caused. You just keep on building more things for the Rivian and I’ll keep buying.

Today in the mail, I received 7 of the PPF kits— ordered all of the smaller films. Excited to see if I can do it before ordering the larger panels.
Thanks! But I still want to send you a free replacement, this should not break under normal usage, no matter what... I will also make a note to modify it and strengthen the inner wall to reduce the risk of breakage in the future.

·
Registered
598 Posts
That’s strange! Do you mean the movable divider or the wall to which it anchors?
Either way please DM me and I will send you a free replacement.
Movable divider? Where was that feature on the console organizer? Mine in rigid and non-movable. I am starting to this that you are changing things on the fly. No flocking, movable divider(s), colors, and ease of removal (just to name a few).

·
Vendor
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh if yours is solid it's an older version made out of PETG...now I make them from ABS, it's much tougher. And yes, I change products constantly to improve them based on feedback. It appears you have a v1 console, I am at v2 now, check it out, it has a lot of improvements over v1 (it also fits better):

Again, my offer to send you a free replacement stays (and the replacement will be v2 with the movable divider). If you want it, just let me know your original order # so I can duplicate it and we can ship it today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts