Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the place where i can put my ashtray in the central cup holder. Yes smoking is bad for my health. But consider that in Belgium, still 20% are smokers. No normal place (cup holder in a convinient place) for an ashtray will stop me from bying the R1T.

·
Registered
559 Posts
There are two cupholders that slide out the front of the center console.

But seriously, quit smoking. It makes me sad to think someone is going to ruin a Rivian by smoking in it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to do what i want with an object when paid for it. A car is not a person. It does not answer the question nor solves the lack of the possibility to have an ashtray for people who do smoke. Smokers are also customers. It would be good for Rivian to consider this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
As a former smoker, I'd rather get an aftermarket product anyway. There are all sorts of aftermarket options, and yes, both vehicles will have cup holders you can place an after-market item in.

You may desire this, but as a former smoker, I have no interest in paying my hard earned money to subsidize your habits, and I didn't expect others to back when I was a smoker.

Can I ask - would you choose to not purchase if it does not come with an included solution? Couldn't you just ash out the window like 95% of smokers do anyway?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I really have to, I will buy an aftermarket option, but it would be nice if I could buy this option from the manufacturer. As a car enthusiast, I don't like to add after market options to my car. For my Ford I can simply order the ashtray from the manufacturer. You could then easily place this in the center console where the cup holder is located. The Rivian seems like a very fantastic car. I hope they find a nice solution for this, which is not disturbing for the non-smoker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Throwing ash from the car smears the paint of the car and is no longer of this time. who throws cigarette butts out of his window now? It is prohibited and you pollute the environment. As a motorcyclist I hate people who throw their cigarette ashes and / or butts out the window. Have you ever gotten ashes in your eyes while cruising with your motorcycle?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reading the last few posts here troubles me.

We as a society need to be more tolerant of other peoples personal choices. He is not asking us to support his decision and was just posting a question.

I for one do not want others to expect me to confirm to their life choices and enjoy the ability to chose to live life as I see fit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Reading the last few posts here troubles me.

We as a society need to be more tolerant of other peoples personal choices. He is not asking us to support his decision and was just posting a question.

I for one do not want others to expect me to confirm to their life choices and enjoy the ability to chose to live life as I see fit.
I agree. I neither smoke nor drink alcohol but I have several friends and relatives who do and as long as they don't infringe on my freedoms I won't on theirs. Like David from Belgium said, no more discussion needed.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
I've spent my last 45 years observing and treating the results of smoking. And I've never heard anything so STUPID!
Care to clarify what you are referring to as “stupid”? If it’s another forum member or their opinion about something, consider yourself warned that you’ve crossed a line related to acceptable behavior on this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If that is the way how we talk here about a car option as 'an ashtray' on the forum. That says something about the intellectual level. Maybe I should unsubscribe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not about smoking being healthy or unhealthy. It's about cars and their options. Attacks on my person are just rude and irrelevant

·
Registered
559 Posts
Care to clarify what you are referring to as “stupid”? If it’s another forum member or their opinion about something, consider yourself warned that you’ve crossed a line related to acceptable behavior on this forum.
If that is the way how we talk here about a car option as 'an ashtray' on the forum. That says something about the intellectual level. Maybe I should unsubscribe.
Did you seriously just call people “stupid” immediately following a post from the moderator saying personal attacks would not be tolerated??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.