Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The outside and inside was amazing. Looking inside the interior really looked amazing but there was to much reflection to get an interior images but the black interior with the silver paint really looked nice with the contrasting black roof. I hope my order comes in on June like they said my schedule indicates. If anyone gets a launch green image in R1S, I would love to see it. My office near the irvine office so I will keep you all posted if I am able to take more pictures next time. Hopefully find one with windows that are not so tinted next time.

Car Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Automotive parking light

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I reserved launch green with black interior. 22 rims for now as I really like the look of those rims and live in Cali and if I go off roading I’ll buy a second set of 20s. I got roof racks and rubber mats. Which were in the one I saw and they look perfect. I have had range rovers for over 20 years 2 have been great and two not. Hoping to get the R1S to replace my Range Rover sport HSE. I hope it is as good as RR on daily driving and off road. Installed solar and charger just waiting for R1S. I have two neighbors with the Rivian truck that work for Rivian and test drove one all around the city lots of fun but the R1S looks so cool up close.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The outside and inside was amazing. Looking inside the interior really looked amazing but there was to much reflection to get an interior images but the black interior with the silver paint really looked nice with the contrasting black roof. I hope my order comes in on June like they said my schedule indicates. If anyone gets a launch green image in R1S, I would love to see it. My office near the irvine office so I will keep you all posted if I am able to take more pictures next time. Hopefully find one with windows that are not so tinted next time.

View attachment 4587
View attachment 4586
Great find @Fasteddy thanks for sharing! Have you seen other Rivians near where your office is?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good - I have a Launch Green R1S with the light interior ( ocean? ) and same rims...June/July delivery window for me as well - can't wait to jump from a cayenne to this beast.
Have you seen that combo live, if not make sure you do it before you buy it? The pictures do not pick up everything very well. I drove that combo on the R1T for drive day a few months ago. It's really nice but the one thing that I was not happy with and changed to dark after I saw it live, which has a whitewash oak wood vs all-natural oak color. If you like that look then that is a good combo but I am not a big fan of whitewash stain or varnish in an SUV. If you have not seen it up close make sure you do as photos and video do not pick up on this. On the flip side, the ocean seats looked great and I would have stayed with that combo if it was natural oak.

·
Registered
571 Posts
has a whitewash oak wood vs all-natural oak color
I haven't see the ocean coast in person, but be aware it's ash, not oak - I would be surprised if it were "whitewashed" vs just the natural color of ash, which is naturally very white. On the other hand, I have driven an R1T with the black mountain interior, and that is definitely "blackwashed", not natural wood finish.

My R1T is configured with ocean coast at the moment. Thankfully, Rivian doesn't put a thick coating of polyurethane on top of the wood to make it glossy. I think the natural wood is far more sophisticated than the plastic-covered wood trim that comes in most "upscale" vehicles.

From the pictures, I like the forest edge interior, but I don't think it matches well with many of the exterior colors except launch green.

My R1T delivery date is May-June. I hope to get a better look at the interior and exterior colors before then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hey guys I got a confirmation for my R1T in launch green, I learned that changing interior from ocean to black and changing 21”’to 20” moved me up in process. My projected delivery is mid march now vs June -july. My personal guide yesterday evening had me fill out all my final paper work and sign it. Hoping the timeline stays true as this was the first direct contact and phone call I have had from Rivian. Does anyone else have a past experience on timing once they contact you directly and you complete paperwork and holding to set timeline. I know I may be overly optimistic again. BTW I am also getting the R1S but no confirmation on that yet. I’ll keep you guys in the loop in delivery progress and updates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great find @Fasteddy thanks for sharing! Have you seen other Rivians near where your office is?
I will start cruising by the Irvine and Costa Mesa office more often now that I have time to see if I can snap a few shots of an R1S.

As an FYI: I order two Rivians in April 2020 (R1T & R1S) and the good news is that I received my Rivian R1T on mothers day it is really a special EV and truck. For a first launch vehicle, it is pretty amazing compared to the early Tesla it is a way better fit and finishes. It is very fast, handles very well, looks very cool and we get a lot of comments on how nice it is inside. The paint looks great in launch green along with a black interior the cooling/heater seats are especially good especially when you consider my old tesla never had cooling seats. For the most part, everything is working well. If you plan to buy one and you are a pre-order make sure you add your accessories as they are cheaper than now and also make sure that you buy at the same time because accessories when bought at the same time are covered under the 5-year warranty vs 1 year as it is if bought after on most items.

But there are some minor issues that need to be resolved on at least my truck.
First, there is a fluid line leak in the rear rt corner hub, that has a plan to be fixed next week. I have a trim piece below the door that was missing the backing tape so it keeps popping off and I have a piece of plastic on the back of the rear seat headrest next to the speaker trim that is popping up and needs to be fixed to timeline set on those yet. There are a few things Rivian should have considered when building this car. All of these are really small fixes and expected so I am not really too concerned. I have heard complaints about this or the other thing but so far with 900 miles, I think the issues are totally acceptable as an early adopter and the warranty is top-notch but the service department needs to dial it up a bit I agree.

A few future thoughts that need software tweaks are:
One, you should be able to customize your ride/speed/use of 2-wheel vs 4-wheel drive as a custom option. I find for freeway driving my ideal comfort/convenience/range would be (Conserve Mode at Standard height/Soft Suspension/Normal Regen as a default. I find that when I manual do this the combination gives me a much better freeway ride and loses very little in range.

Two I would also like to have an auto-lower access option (As my ranger rover does) when parked so it is easier for people to get in and out of the vehicle (without having to manually lower it each time by needing to go through multiple screens). I am 6'1" and my wife is 5'4' and both of us find it a bit of a jump up and down when the car is in standard height with the 20" All-terrain tires. I always seem to be manually pushing it to the lowest height when parking especially when I have passengers. Three, I am not sure what good the recording camera is if it does not notify me of when someone is near the car. If someone was doing something to my car it would be too late to stop them. Once they are gone they are gone.

Delays on items I ordered when I purchased are still not here:
I am still waiting on my wheel/tire that appears to be scheduled as well next week and there is a wrist band that they say will come in the mail over the next few months. I am waiting on the R1S as well that I order in April of 2020 in Dark Green and Ocean but I have seen a few at the Corporate location in Irvine and Costa Mesa near my office.

I must say I have never driven any truck or SUV like this before. (As a note of reference I have owned 1 Land Rover, 1 Range Rover, 2 RR Sports, 1 Porsche Cayenne, 1 Audi Q5, 1 Diesel F150, and Tesla Y). Its off-road on-road capabilities are unreal. I really love this Rivian R1T and can wait until I get the SUV version as well. As an old motorhead, I am finding it hard to drive my other toys now as this Truck does nearly everything perfectly.

Final Note...Bummer!
I just got a notification that my R1S delivery date which was July 2022 is now postponed until Q1, 2023.... come on that means it could be another 10 months beyond when they said my delivery would happen. This is frustrating as I had planned to keep the truck to have a little fun until the SUV comes available since the SUV is a better fit for my family's needs. I will plan on selling the Truck within the next 4 months. So if your Rivian is really delayed I will consider strong offers starting at $100K+ If you really want one now.

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts
I will start cruising by the Irvine and Costa Mesa office more often now that I have time to see if I can snap a few shots of an R1S.

As an FYI: I order two Rivians in April 2020 (R1T & R1S) and the good news is that I received my Rivian R1T on mothers day it is really a special EV and truck. For a first launch vehicle, it is pretty amazing compared to the early Tesla it is a way better fit and finishes. It is very fast, handles very well, looks very cool and we get a lot of comments on how nice it is inside. The paint looks great in launch green along with a black interior the cooling/heater seats are especially good especially when you consider my old tesla never had cooling seats. For the most part, everything is working well. If you plan to buy one and you are a pre-order make sure you add your accessories as they are cheaper than now and also make sure that you buy at the same time because accessories when bought at the same time are covered under the 5-year warranty vs 1 year as it is if bought after on most items.

But there are some minor issues that need to be resolved on at least my truck.
First, there is a fluid line leak in the rear rt corner hub, that has a plan to be fixed next week. I have a trim piece below the door that was missing the backing tape so it keeps popping off and I have a piece of plastic on the back of the rear seat headrest next to the speaker trim that is popping up and needs to be fixed to timeline set on those yet. There are a few things Rivian should have considered when building this car. All of these are really small fixes and expected so I am not really too concerned. I have heard complaints about this or the other thing but so far with 900 miles, I think the issues are totally acceptable as an early adopter and the warranty is top-notch but the service department needs to dial it up a bit I agree.

A few future thoughts that need software tweaks are:
One, you should be able to customize your ride/speed/use of 2-wheel vs 4-wheel drive as a custom option. I find for freeway driving my ideal comfort/convenience/range would be (Conserve Mode at Standard height/Soft Suspension/Normal Regen as a default. I find that when I manual do this the combination gives me a much better freeway ride and loses very little in range.

Two I would also like to have an auto-lower access option (As my ranger rover does) when parked so it is easier for people to get in and out of the vehicle (without having to manually lower it each time by needing to go through multiple screens). I am 6'1" and my wife is 5'4' and both of us find it a bit of a jump up and down when the car is in standard height with the 20" All-terrain tires. I always seem to be manually pushing it to the lowest height when parking especially when I have passengers. Three, I am not sure what good the recording camera is if it does not notify me of when someone is near the car. If someone was doing something to my car it would be too late to stop them. Once they are gone they are gone.

Delays on items I ordered when I purchased are still not here:
I am still waiting on my wheel/tire that appears to be scheduled as well next week and there is a wrist band that they say will come in the mail over the next few months. I am waiting on the R1S as well that I order in April of 2020 in Dark Green and Ocean but I have seen a few at the Corporate location in Irvine and Costa Mesa near my office.

I must say I have never driven any truck or SUV like this before. (As a note of reference I have owned 1 Land Rover, 1 Range Rover, 2 RR Sports, 1 Porsche Cayenne, 1 Audi Q5, 1 Diesel F150, and Tesla Y). Its off-road on-road capabilities are unreal. I really love this Rivian R1T and can wait until I get the SUV version as well. As an old motorhead, I am finding it hard to drive my other toys now as this Truck does nearly everything perfectly.

Final Note...Bummer!
I just got a notification that my R1S delivery date which was July 2022 is now postponed until Q1, 2023.... come on that means it could be another 10 months beyond when they said my delivery would happen. This is frustrating as I had planned to keep the truck to have a little fun until the SUV comes available since the SUV is a better fit for my family's needs. I will plan on selling the Truck within the next 4 months. So if your Rivian is really delayed I will consider strong offers starting at $100K+ If you really want one now.
Glad to hear you are more interested in keeping the SUV > truck as my R1S comes in a few months with no interest in the R1T.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Good question. As far as the Range Rover Sport. The suspension is a bit more refined on the RRS but they have had 60+ years to get there. The Rivian is a bit busy when set to it's lower suspension height, but when left to standard height it handles and rides very much like the ride on the RR. I took it to the mountains (Big Bear Lake, in California) over the 4th of July in areas, the same as I have taken all of my SUVs in the past. Over rocks, steep inclines, up 30+ grades, and 30% angles on the right front and left rear hub only the 2-wheels touching the ground. Very fun only car I have had that can do that well is the RR!

So I will go down the line the Porsche Cayenne and especially the Y would not be able to go anywhere Rivian was able to go, except on pavement or a mild dirt road. The F150 would have been able to do it but it was an ugly and gut-jolting ride. The RRer have always been great rock climbers and off-road vehicles that are very smooth and the Rivian did not disappoint me or a nervous wife. The torq was incredible on the Rivian going uphill that not a single SUV other cars could match not even the RR. However, the crawl mode that the RR is really hard to beat especially on those not use to slow climbing. The adjustable ground clearance on the Rivian could only be matched by the RR. But in terms of speed on pavement, none of these SUVs would come anywhere near the Rivian. I did have one issue when going from 2-wheel to 4-wheel drive, maybe it was me ....but if I was already on rough terrain then getting it into 4-wheel drive was tough, it seems that the Rivian wants you to make your drive mode decision before moving into 4-wheel drive which is not a big deal but something on RR I can do on the fly and is much easier (I am assuming that is software that could be updated). Overall, I drove the Rivian pretty hard and it truly is a remarkable car/SUV both going uphill and crawling down the regeneration brake system works great and makes it so you don't really ever need to touch break. Going down hill I picked up 50 miles which was super cool. I will continue to see its limits but I am having a hard to making it fail on any test I would normally do on an off-road test. Going off-road does use up more power than expected, assume about a 15%-20% loss vs normal drving when pushed hard... I seem to be in FOROOC (Fear of running out of charge). Also wish I could have tried a TANK TURN :) Overall, I am super happy with how smooth this SUV runs especially when at 2-wheel and set to standard height. There should be a custom configuration for the Rivian (on Height adjustment, stiffness, 2 or 4-wheel drive) that allows the to select conserve mode and keep it at standard height which makes for a much better use of the air suspension over small freeway changes and bumps than when in a low position which makes it a pretty busy ride. I would accept the loss in a few miles to have a better less business when driving on freeway as a custom default. For those that have not got a Rivian yet, when you do you won't be disappointed. There really is no other car or SUV like it I don't care what anyone says about the F150 lighting, which seems ok it just does not look or feel as refined when you sit inside. FYI I just got an invite to see the Rivian R1S in Venice since I order that one as well when i ordered the R1T.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts