Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Is there really automatic leveling and if so, how do you activate it? Any screen shots? The only thing I have seen for leveling is a view of the car attitude and whether or not it is level on plane. I do not believe I have not seen any footage of the vehicle self-level. That would be a really excellent use of the air suspension. Normally leveling off-road is achieved through a mix of creative parking and wedges, traction or recovery boards.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Understood - I have air suspension and those settings won't do anything for self-leveling of the vehicle or adjusting individual suspension heights by wheel (which is why I asked). I don't think it is a make it or break it feature for overlanders, b/c you are already going to have traction boards and can shim. Even if the instrument display didn't show the vehicles positioning / attitude, it still wouldn't be bad. My point was that the only thing I think I have seen is how the vehicle is sitting (not an auto-level function anywhere). Obviously if the incline or attitude of the vehicle is too far from level, such a feature wouldn't work anyway (as you would run out of suspension travel). Of course most people are seeking out flattish ground for overnighting, so again, not that big of deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts