Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spoke to my guide today. One of the items we discussed is that, if I were to take a vehicle now, the 'new' automatic tonneau cover WILL NOT be an optional upgrade down the time. Apparently Rivian is being very clear about that internally.

I'm pretty bummed. Sounds like they are doing a full rebuild of the tonneau cover that won't be backwards compatible for R1Ts sold today.

For those who have the automatic cover today, they will fix it.

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
"Fix it" sounds like a patch. I'm glad that they'll have a 2.0 version for new buyers but it would be nice if it was backwards compatible. I can't imagine they'd change sheet metal as part of the fix. Is there something out there that suggests it won't be a retrofit?

· Registered
149 Posts
Is there something out there that suggests it won't be a retrofit?
The email they sent to reservation holders who had optioned the power tonneau said (paraphrasing here) that at some point they will stop shipping trucks with the integrated side rails. While it does not say it explicitly, the implication seems to be that once they pass that point, trucks without side rails cannot be retrofitted to use either factory tonneau.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts