Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any nice clean solutions for a mat/lining to lay on the bed of the truck so that things don't slide around in the bed? I don't care too much about protecting it since I'm usually just storing containers or other misc surf gear, or when shopping, putting grocers in those bins. But as I accerate/brake or make turns, it just keeps sliding around and banging around in the bed. I'm thinking some rubber mat that was shaped in the shape would alone, stop it from sliding around so much. Any ideas?
Sky Hood Cloud Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just cut down the rubber mat I had in the back of my Tundra to fit the R1T. Here’s an example of a generic mat, or if you wanted wheel well cutouts you could try to find a truck with similar bed dimensions and cut it down like I did to mine.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have any nice clean solutions for a mat/lining to lay on the bed of the truck so that things don't slide around in the bed? I don't care too much about protecting it since I'm usually just storing containers or other misc surf gear, or when shopping, putting grocers in those bins. But as I accerate/brake or make turns, it just keeps sliding around and banging around in the bed. I'm thinking some rubber mat that was shaped in the shape would alone, stop it from sliding around so much. Any ideas?
View attachment 7672
Anyone find running boards?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a custom-fit BedRug in a previous truck and liked it. I would like to see BedRug make something for the R1T. I know they make a generic product, but I wouldn't go with that... I would want something more tailored.
I have a BedRug in my old Chevy ICE and love it. As soon as I got my R1T (3ish months ago) and realized how slippery the plastic bed was, I reached out to BedRug. Unfortunately, they emailed back that they had no plans to make a bedrug for the Rivian. 😢 Hopefully they will change their minds.
Font Rectangle Number Paper product Document

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have a BedRug in my old Chevy ICE and love it. As soon as I got my R1T (3ish months ago) and realized how slippery the plastic bed was, I reached out to BedRug. Unfortunately, they emailed back that they had no plans to make a bedrug for the Rivian. 😢 Hopefully they will change their minds.
That is disappointing to hear. I know the R1T isn't a huge volume vehicle... But it seems like there'd be a lot of potential customers for BedRug. Only a small portion of traditional truck buyers go with BedRug, but I think that conversion rate would be higher with the R1T since so many R1T reservations were from people who had never owned a truck, before, and the carpeted bed (especially under tonneau cover) may be highly desirable.

They could always change their mind, of course.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a BedRug in my old Chevy ICE and love it. As soon as I got my R1T (3ish months ago) and realized how slippery the plastic bed was, I reached out to BedRug. Unfortunately, they emailed back that they had no plans to make a bedrug for the Rivian. 😢 Hopefully they will change their minds. View attachment 7688
I also had a Bedrug in my previous truck, and loved it. I reached out to them about the R1T in July and got the following reply, maybe enough have shown interest...

Joana J - Bedrug (Truck Hero)

Jul 21, 2022, 1:44 PM EDT

Hello,
This item is in the list of plans but no eta just yet.
Joana J.
Customer Service Representative
800-462-8435

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried the tractor supply Matt and it was too big and bulky. I ended up purchasing this one from Amazon and simply cut it down. I think it was $38 when I got it. Looks like price is gone up to $40. Ha ha

Amazon Basics Heavyweight Bed Mat fits Ram 1500 2009-2018 , 5.7' Bed https://a.co/d/fkayOb4
Did yours smell really bad? I got this and the entire garage smelled like cigarettes. The rubber mat has a crazy strong odor. So I left it outside for a week, then cut it to size, but it still smells so now I'm hanging it outside trying to get the smell out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts