Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the width of the bed as listed on the website is 51 inch. Is that between the 2 wheel wells or will the width there actually be less than 48 inches meaning you won't be able to fit a standard 4x8 sheet of plywood or drywall?

·
Registered
103 Posts
So, the width of the bed as listed on the website is 51 inch. Is that between the 2 wheel wells or will the width there actually be less than 48 inches meaning you won't be able to fit a standard 4x8 sheet of plywood or drywall?
If I was able to carry ~20 drywall sheets in my buddy's Sport Trac, then I think it'll do fine. Granted the Lowes is only about 5 minutes from my house 🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not questioning the weight of the sheets, but will the 4 foot width of the sheets fit between the wheel wells of the RT1 bed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering the same. From studying pictures, I'd venture to say that the 51" is between the wheel wells, but I may be wrong. Perhaps worth asking in Rivian Chat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just chatted with Rivian and they responded with "The bed width between the wheel wells is about 50" ". :)

They also confirmed that the cross bar mounts in the bed were removed as well as the front LIDAR.

·
Registered
446 Posts
On Rivian's website their diagram/measurements seem to show the bed width between the wheel wells.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The diagram doesn't even show the wheel wells in the bed, so you do you figure it's showing the width between the wheel wells?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was looking at that diagram as well, and from pictures I sort of made the conclusion that the wheel wells are mostly under the cross bar mount "edges" shown on the inside of the side-walls in that diagram. This made me think (wish?) that the actual width between the wheel wells is ~51". It would be nice if they actually showed the wheel wells in that diagram though. :)

Thank you for checking with Rivian Chat. Good info to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This pic is from Rivian's website. You can see that the wheelwells protrude a very short distance inward from beneath the siderails. Given the feedback others have received from customer service, and the universal desire to have at least 48" width available on the bed floor in any serious pickup, I'm can't imagine the R1T won't meet or exceed that standard. While it is a short bed, it's great to see that we'll get 7' of available length with the tailgate down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@MarkB, did Rivian say why they removed the crossbar mounts in the bed? I was thinking of ways those could be handy...
I didn't ask... it does suck as I could see use for them too! I guess it renders the picture above out of date as that pic still has them in there....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts