Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
R1T
39 Posts
So, I may be wrong (and often am...), but I think that is going to be a service center only, not a showroom.

· Registered
5 Posts
So, I may be wrong (and often am...), but I think that is going to be a service center only, not a showroom.
I swung by there the other day. Couple of Rivians outside in the back. 5-6 inside being worked on or prepped. Somebody came out and talked to me but they were definitely not going to let me in the building.

· Registered
789 Posts
You said you're in Covington, right? That's close enough to Bellevue that it shouldn't be a factor. I think that Rivian is trying to avoid deliveries far away from existing service centers, because servicing those locations is not pleasant for the customer and not cheap for Rivian. They have delivered to people who are 6 hours drive or more away from a service center, but then those people complain about not being able to get simple things fixed. But you're in the same county as the service center, so I don't think that affects you.

· Registered
60 Posts
You said you're in Covington, right? That's close enough to Bellevue that it shouldn't be a factor. I think that Rivian is trying to avoid deliveries far away from existing service centers, because servicing those locations is not pleasant for the customer and not cheap for Rivian. They have delivered to people who are 6 hours drive or more away from a service center, but then those people complain about not being able to get simple things fixed. But you're in the same county as the service center, so I don't think that affects you.
Thanks. My question was more, will I/anyone wait less time if they live close to a SC, than not. Right now my reservation said late 2023.

· Registered
789 Posts
For new reservations the most important factor is the 100,000 people in line in front of you. Location is a distant second or third or even fourth place factor. Late 2023 is possible if things go to plan, but really no one knows what is going to happen over the next year. At some point you will be given a delivery window specific to your order, but until then all you can really do is keep informed of the progress of deliveries and keep your expectations realistic. Current rate of production is 7k/quarter, but they just added a 2nd shift and are hiring for a 3rd shift, so 7k/month is reasonable by early next year (unless there are unforseen supply chain constraints), even without the expected improvements in manufacturing. That means at least 85k vehicles in 2023, in addition to the 25k vehicles made in 2022, for a total of at least 110k. For now, your "late 2023" sounds like a reasonable estimate but earlier than that is also possible and later than that is also possible.

· Registered
60 Posts
For new reservations the most important factor is the 100,000 people in line in front of you. Location is a distant second or third or even fourth place factor. Late 2023 is possible if things go to plan, but really no one knows what is going to happen over the next year. At some point you will be given a delivery window specific to your order, but until then all you can really do is keep informed of the progress of deliveries and keep your expectations realistic. Current rate of production is 7k/quarter, but they just added a 2nd shift and are hiring for a 3rd shift, so 7k/month is reasonable by early next year (unless there are unforseen supply chain constraints), even without the expected improvements in manufacturing. That means at least 85k vehicles in 2023, in addition to the 25k vehicles made in 2022, for a total of at least 110k. For now, your "late 2023" sounds like a reasonable estimate but earlier than that is also possible and later than that is also possible.
Having been through the Tesla process three times now, I’m wondering if the Rivian EDD process is managed by a similar “EDD monkey” that Tesla employs; one that randomly changes wilding swinging estimates?

For example, on 8/1/21, I ordered a Tesla Model S Plaid and got an EDD at order of “Jan-Mar 2022”. This made sense to me as this popular new model was released only a few months earlier. Two days later, the EDD pulled back to “Sep-Nov 2021”. I so excited…. Then, a few days later, my EDD went blank for three days…. About 10 days from order placement, a fresh build VIN was issued and my car shipped from the factory to my house on 8/13/21. Total order to delivery flow was 12 days. EDD at order was 6-8 months. And no, this was not a reject, refused delivery or inventory retread. VIN was super fresh.

In September of that same year, I ordered. Model Y Performance. Same experience. That kne

So, does Rivian use a similar EDD monkey or do you really get your truck closer to your original EDD than you do your order date, as I did with the Plaid?

What are people who have ordered recently at the higher price seeing? Not those low cost preorders that Rivian would prefer not to deliver?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts