Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what my wife spotted when we were rolling down the street toward the grocery store. It's in Bellevue, WA right across the street from the only Chick-fil-A in the entire region. This street is going to be extremely popular when Rivian opens up. Of course we had to stop to check it out. That's my wife leaning on our current Bolt EV we named Dory. We can't wait to pick up our R1S (Bruce) here.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Look what my wife spotted when we were rolling down the street toward the grocery store. It's in Bellevue, WA right across the street from the only Chick-fil-A in the entire region. This street is going to be extremely popular when Rivian opens up. Of course we had to stop to check it out. That's my wife leaning on our current Bolt EV we named Dory. We can't wait to pick up our R1S (Bruce) here.
Welcome to the forum @Torqueboy! The building looks like it's pretty much finished. How long have you and your wife owned the Bolt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got our Bolt back in March of this year. It's a fine little car, which we plan to keep as our everyday driver.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also drove past it on Tuesday :). From what I have read, that will just be a service center. The retail location has been spotted in the Seattle Belltown neighborhood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that's even closer to me. Though I would prefer to go to Bellevue for everything. Belltown is not a great area for a car dealer. Nowhere to park, and bad traffic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I don’t know what the parking situation will be like in Seattle but here’s the link to the article with the location

Technically we wont need to go to the service center since Rivian said they will come to you and even bring a loaner if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I don’t know what the parking situation will be like in Seattle but here’s the link to the article with the location

Technically we wont need to go to the service center since Rivian said they will come to you and even bring a loaner if needed.
True, but often in a place like Seattle there's no room for a mobile mechanic to operate. Much of Seattle is street parking only. I can see an established repair center being valuable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also drove past it on Tuesday :). From what I have read, that will just be a service center. The retail location has been spotted in the Seattle Belltown neighborhood.
When initially announced, the Seattle location was supposed to be more of a showroom and the Bellevue location a service center. However, I heard the Seattle location is being scraped. Not sure if its being located someplace else or its just going to be Bellevue. Someone posted pictures from inside the Bellevue location and it was definitely a service center, had equipment for that purpose and a nice looking waiting room. It'll be interesting if it turns into a showroom as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When initially announced, the Seattle location was supposed to be more of a showroom and the Bellevue location a service center. However, I heard the Seattle location is being scraped. Not sure if its being located someplace else or its just going to be Bellevue. Someone posted pictures from inside the Bellevue location and it was definitely a service center, had equipment for that purpose and a nice looking waiting room. It'll be interesting if it turns into a showroom as well.
I'd actually like that. Bellevue is a much more suitable city for Rivian at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts