Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery yesterday, about 4 months ahead of expected. Am told it's the first Limestone in the area. Limestone actually looks significantly different depending on light conditions. Not what I was expecting but love it. Also, the "black" interior is much more a very dark gray, which again I like.

Delivery was incredibly smooth and I'm still learning all the do-dads cooked into this thing's tech.

Only glitch was that my FOB appears to be dead/non-functioning. Replaced battery but still non-responsive. I've let them know and assume they'll send me a new one.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Scottf - Congrats on receiving your R1T and limestone looks outstanding. A word of caution though about getting it registered. I received my R1T in March with a 90 day trip permit. It is now June and the title and registration (T&R) Group still hasn’t registered the vehicle in Oregon and now the trip permit has expired. I’ve been after them for well over a month about getting it registered and received one excuse after another (this was an out right purchase i.e. no financing, insurance in line, etc.). I was told the registration was sent and its DMV’s fault. I checked with DMV and they said they never received it. I was told the T&R Group is running behind (3 months behind???) and just the other day they told me they were missing a document. So my advice is keep after them, check your DMV profile regularly and ask for proof that they filed with the state. Absent this issue I absolutely love my R1T and have had a great experience. Cheers.

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
Scottf - Congrats on receiving your R1T and limestone looks outstanding. A word of caution though about getting it registered. I received my R1T in March with a 90 day trip permit. It is now June and the title and registration (T&R) Group still hasn’t registered the vehicle in Oregon and now the trip permit has expired. I’ve been after them for well over a month about getting it registered and received one excuse after another (this was an out right purchase i.e. no financing, insurance in line, etc.). I was told the registration was sent and its DMV’s fault. I checked with DMV and they said they never received it. I was told the T&R Group is running behind (3 months behind???) and just the other day they told me they were missing a document. So my advice is keep after them, check your DMV profile regularly and ask for proof that they filed with the state. Absent this issue I absolutely love my R1T and have had a great experience. Cheers.
The problem lies in Rivian not processing the Vehicle Use Tax for you. They seem to attempt to do the registration and OR takes a month to come back and tell them that you need the tax certificate. Then the process starts again but seems like it takes them a month or more to verify the certificate. Not to mention they closed 10% of the offices and have almost a 20% reduction in employees. My guide agreed with me that they should be processing the tax since they have the power of attorney already in place for those of us in Oregon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations! I took delivery in Everett a few weeks back, and ran into the same issue with the key fob not working. The key cards did not work either. The delivery guy got my phone set up as the key, but I neglected to test the fob or cards until a few days later. Turns out none of them were "assigned", which can be verified under settings, keys in the center console. I put in a service call, and they were able to fix the issue on their end. No new cards/fob required. Hope it goes the same for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting. Just to make sure I'm tracking here, it's the Rivian T&R group - yes? I also have personal experience with the OR DMV being notoriously slow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The problem lies in Rivian not processing the Vehicle Use Tax for you. They seem to attempt to do the registration and OR takes a month to come back and tell them that you need the tax certificate. Then the process starts again but seems like it takes them a month or more to verify the certificate. Not to mention they closed 10% of the offices and have almost a 20% reduction in employees. My guide agreed with me that they should be processing the tax since they have the power of attorney already in place for those of us in Oregon.
Congratulations! I took delivery in Everett a few weeks back, and ran into the same issue with the key fob not working. The key cards did not work either. The delivery guy got my phone set up as the key, but I neglected to test the fob or cards until a few days later. Turns out none of them were "assigned", which can be verified under settings, keys in the center console. I put in a service call, and they were able to fix the issue on their end. No new cards/fob required. Hope it goes the same for you.
This is really good to know - ty. Sounds like we have/had the exact same issue. No FOB or key cards showing up as connected keys. Supposedly it's being looked at now, but I'm glad to hear they were able to fix it remotely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm scheduled to receive my R1T tomorrow. Besides the great advice already given here, anything else I should be aware of at delivery? I'll do a walk around to look for any obvious manufacturing defects or transport related problems but perhaps there are other things I should consider?

TIA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm scheduled to receive my R1T tomorrow. Besides the great advice already given here, anything else I should be aware of at delivery? I'll do a walk around to look for any obvious manufacturing defects or transport related problems but perhaps there are other things I should consider?

TIA
Just verify the FOB and key cards are connected and working! :cool: Other than that, it's a pretty painless process. What color?

·
Registered
Launch Edition LG/FE
145 Posts
Yeah, don't get caught up in nit picky things- just look for major stuff that would keep you from taking delivery. You can file tickets for everything else later as you find them because they would have to set up a service appointment for you anyway. My delivery gal suggested going for a quick ride together (I declined) in case there was something functional like alignment that may be an issue. For me it wasn't necessary because they had already delayed my delivery for the alignment so it should have been good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, don't get caught up in nit picky things- just look for major stuff that would keep you from taking delivery. You can file tickets for everything else later as you find them because they would have to set up a service appointment for you anyway. My delivery gal suggested going for a quick ride together (I declined) in case there was something functional like alignment that may be an issue. For me it wasn't necessary because they had already delayed my delivery for the alignment so it should have been good.
Agree. They will want you to submit a photo/video to their service email for each issue you come across, even if found on delivery. For the most part, your time with the delivery person will be better spent asking questions about the truck, rather than looking for every paint imperfection, etc.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts