Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
I have owned a Chargepoint Flex for almost 3 years now and I really like it. My first had the WiFi fail after about 6 months; (it would still charge and on the schedule I had previously set btw), but Chargepoint replaced it quickly for me. I would buy one again. Easy to buy an adapter to charge your Tesla also iirc.

· Registered
109 Posts
Appreciate the response. My outlet is below. Should handle the 50 amp per what I read online. TBH, I was a little nervous about the responses I was going to get, like I had loads of work to do to get a charger in, but I think I'm good. I live in Portland and the city requires a permit to upgrade electrical. Based on what I'm reading, I don't think I need a permit as I'm already set on the electrical output. Really to purchase and install.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

View attachment 8950
Two things:

1: make sure the NEMA 14-50 that you have installed is very high quality, and not just ‘constructor grade’, and

2: make sure the gauge of the wire running from the breaker box to the outlet is of very high quality also.

You do not want to feel any excessive heat either in the cable and/or outlet. Plus the plug for your EVSE needs to fit tightly into the outlet.

you can set your EVSE at 40 amps when it gets installed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts