Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. Need y’all’s advice on something. We live in Houston proper, which means that our local roads are horrible. There are potholes everywhere and there’s not an even street to be found until you get to the suburbs. My biggest complaint with my Mustang Mach-E is that over these potholes, it bounces. While the car is solid, it is jittery and bouncy in the back. Whatever is in the hatch area bounces up and down when I go through these areas. I thought the R1S with the air suspension would be a lot smoother, but a few of the more recent reviews have mentioned that it is also a little bouncy in the back and more so than the R1T, which is surprising. Assuming that I stick with the R1S what are thoughts on the best wheel and tire combo for smoothing out the roads assuming I don’t care about any loss in mileage if I go with a 20 inch all-terrain versus a 21 inch sport?

· Registered
4 Posts
The 20s will have the highest sidewall and theoretically will be the most compliant. That being said, there's a mileage penalty for them over the 21s. Unless you do any off roading, I'd go with the 21s and save a few grand on the purchase price (and I used to live about 90 miles outside Houston).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts