Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for tow hitches for the truck. We’re planning to buy or rent a trailer to haul some dirt and gravel every now and then. Nothing special. I know it’s probably a loaded question with many different answers possible, but just wanted to get some ideas. ;-)

thanks much in advance

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
Be aware that some folks are having issues where the standard pin on some hitches is not long enough for the Rivian receiver.

I bought an adjustable aluminum hitch at Costco that worked out well, but they don’t seem to have it anymore. I prefer adjustable hitches, and a bonus with this one was coming with 3 different sized balls. Note that it only works on the Rivian with the adjustable shaft extending down since there’s not enough clearance on the bumper to put it in the upright position. That’s not really any issue for me though given the height of the Rivian hitch.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
271 Posts
I use a Weigh Safe hitch on my F250. It has a built in scale to help you dial in tongue weight. I haven't tried it on mt R1T yet.

That looks awesome if you do a lot of heavier towing and need to nail the tongue weight! Very cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts