Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ford F-250 Powerstroke 6.0 Diesel
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some feedback from someone who knows like a car detailer on what wax is best please don’t respond with turtle wax in the green tin 😂😂 but maybe it is still the best its what I have used before 👍

·
Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
13 Posts
I quit using wax on cars this year. I hate to sound like a shill, but I have to say I've been quite pleased with the results. I now use Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic coating. The big deal with ceramic coatings is the paint prep. Paint prep on new cars is quite simple generally. They sell a wash called Strip Wash which removes any unwanted treatments that my already be present. After washing the car and drying it thoroughly, apply the ceramic coating to a 2' x 2' section of the vehicle with the applicator and wipe it off in about a minute and move onto the next section. I can generally do a car in less than 2 hours. The next important step is to use the graphene ceramic car wash that protects and refreshes the ceramic coating. Wash the car with this and nothing else. Your paint will cause water to bead like no car wax ever did before. Dirt and other unwanted things all wash off much easier than with wax.

If the paint feels at all rough after washing, you will want to clay bar it prior to applying the ceramic coating. If it still feels rough, then you may need to polish it.

I've done this with 4 cars over the last year, 2 of mine and 2 for friends and I am blown away by the results. Of the 4 new cars, only 1 required the clay bar treatment.

There are tons of youtube videos on this if you want to learn more, many with contradicting info but you go with what makes the most sense to you. The above description is what felt right to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I quit using wax on cars this year. I hate to sound like a shill, but I have to say I've been quite pleased with the results. I now use Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic coating. The big deal with ceramic coatings is the paint prep. Paint prep on new cars is quite simple generally. They sell a wash called Strip Wash which removes any unwanted treatments that my already be present. After washing the car and drying it thoroughly, apply the ceramic coating to a 2' x 2' section of the vehicle with the applicator and wipe it off in about a minute and move onto the next section. I can generally do a car in less than 2 hours. The next important step is to use the graphene ceramic car wash that protects and refreshes the ceramic coating. Wash the car with this and nothing else. Your paint will cause water to bead like no car wax ever did before. Dirt and other unwanted things all wash off much easier than with wax.

If the paint feels at all rough after washing, you will want to clay bar it prior to applying the ceramic coating. If it still feels rough, then you may need to polish it.

I've done this with 4 cars over the last year, 2 of mine and 2 for friends and I am blown away by the results. Of the 4 new cars, only 1 required the clay bar treatment.

There are tons of youtube videos on this if you want to learn more, many with contradicting info but you go with what makes the most sense to you. The above description is what felt right to me.
Can I get some feedback from someone who knows like a car detailer on what wax is best please don’t respond with turtle wax in the green tin 😂😂 but maybe it is still the best its what I have used before 👍
I have been a big fan of Maguire's over the years but have changed to Turtle Wax Graphene Liquid Wax. The vehicle stays cleaner because life does not stick to the paint as it does with regular wax. It just works better. I am sure you will Google check it, but I for one will vouch for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
+1 on using ceramic coating. I had it applied to my Model S and it was still beading water when I sold it last week after almost 6 years.
Expensive to have it done professionally but it lasts a very long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts