Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the configurator now offers the 22 inch sport rims in all black. However, we I ordered this was not an option for the launch edition? Anyone confirm? Can I change to the black rims?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yup when you finalize your order you'll be able to add the black wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It sure it, $3.5k to be exact. Which of the other wheel options are you going with?
If I stick with the LE I'll go with the 22" sport wheels, which are included w/o additional cost if desired. Best onroad performance (which will be where I am using it 95% of the time), and there are other tires available in that size when replacement time comes. I could have them powdercoated all black and still save $2.5K over their option price for the black wheels. If I change to a non-LE, I might think about the 21" wheels and remove the inner aero ring, they aren't that bad looking to me once the ring is removed.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
If I stick with the LE I'll go with the 22" sport wheels, which are included w/o additional cost if desired. Best onroad performance (which will be where I am using it 95% of the time), and there are other tires available in that size when replacement time comes. I could have them powdercoated all black and still save $2.5K over their option price for the black wheels. If I change to a non-LE, I might think about the 21" wheels and remove the inner aero ring, they aren't that bad looking to me once the ring is removed.
Nice start. Are you making any special considerations on tire make and model?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice start. Are you making any special considerations on tire make and model?
Not really. I took a quick scan of the 22" size on Tire Rack, there are plenty of options. I am still not thrilled with such a large diameter wheel, but that seems to be where the general market has headed....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked up the cost for powder coat on these 22 sport rims. Approximately $1k to coat them black from a local shop. I plan to skip the $3.5k charge and do them myself. Hopefully Rivian is watching and lowers the price on the black sport rims to something more reasonable.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I looked up the cost for powder coat on these 22 sport rims. Approximately $1k to coat them black from a local shop. I plan to skip the $3.5k charge and do them myself. Hopefully Rivian is watching and lowers the price on the black sport rims to something more reasonable.
Why do you think these are just powder coated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rivians are not powder coated. But you can get them powder coated for a third of the price. That’s my plan unless Rivian comes down on price for the black 22 inch rims.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I noticed the configurator now offers the 22 inch sport rims in all black. However, we I ordered this was not an option for the launch edition? Anyone confirm? Can I change to the black rims?
Yes you can change in the Configurator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts