Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Current Owners: would you choose Black Mountain with Dark Ash Wood or Vegan Leather

• Dark Ash Wood

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Vegan Leather

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread similar with Ocean Coast, but it was more focused on the white vs black dash. I am not interested in the White interior. I love a dark look inside the vehicle. But, hey, thats just me. I know many folks prefer the lighter color.

My question is this: For those who have take delivery of an R1T or R1S, which option would you choose today if it was an option when you took delivery? I had seen some early articles talking about the wood being rough to the touch, Munro talked about the distortion in the molding process, etc. The wood adds a richness to the look, but I wonder if current owners have a preference.

I had an R1T max pack on order, but switched it to an R1S a few months back when I took delivery of my F150 Lighting. I had planned to get the lightning, and replace it with the R1T Max Pack as I really want the range for towing. But, after looking at the lack of information from Rivian, I figured it was a better option to get the R1S to replace my wife's Model Y next year. I guess that was the right move since Rivian has pushed again to 2024. I figure the Max Pack will eventually be canceled.

· Registered
790 Posts
Isn't this all personal preference? What's the point of a poll? Might as well take a poll about what exterior color you would choose. Everyone has their own opinion on this, and some have more than one opinion. Choose what you like best - yours is the only opinion that really matters for your choice.

And BTW Ocean Coast is not "white". It's light gray.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the purpose of the poll is for those who have taken delivery, would they have preferred to go with the wrapped dash vs the wood based on Appearance and the finish of the wood if it had been available. There were initial reports of the wood being rough, difficult to clean and distorted.

· Registered
157 Posts
I did a 1st mile R1S test a couple of weeks ago. The wood looks and feels like wood. I've had other cars with wood that feel more synthetic but the Rivian wood is great. I went to the drive with an open mindset of perhaps the vinyl or wood but now it's definitely wood for me. As other's have pointed out the OC is a very nice light-grey and not at all white-white.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts