Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my order from the white interior to the black interior and suddenly my truck came much sooner than expected. Now I have to sell my RAM that I just bought last year thinking my R1T wouldn’t be here for another year!

Loving the truck. Everything I expected. Have had a couple of snafu‘s. One morning when I was rushing to get my son to the airport the screens didn’t turn on. Tried to reset but that didn’t work. Luckiky had another car available. By the time I got home and started the Rivian back up the screens worked.

Then yesterday, my buddy got into the car and I was telling him how the stereo kicks but unfortunately only the subwoofer would play. Finished our drive and left the truck where we were for a few hours and when I started it back up the speakers were working again.

Not a big fan of the infotainment so far because I am a heavy Apple CarPlay user and love Waze. The NAV on this truck is imperfect to say the least. There are six 150 kW Electrify America chargers in my hometown, but the Rivian NAV does not list them. As bad as Siri can be, Alexa is not much better. I find that Alexa has problems getting contact information correct when I’m trying to make phone calls.

Finally, I had a major nuisance when I tried to connect my bike carrier. I will make a separate post to help out people. The hitch receiver is quite wide at about 3 1/2 inches and threaded hitch bolts barely make it across. It’s OK if you want to use a cotter pin only, but if you want to use a lock, then you may have to do some work. Check my other post.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had an issue losing audio and the stereo speakers not emitting any sounds. Rivian had me do an infotainment reset by depressing the far left and far right push buttons (next to the scroll wheel) and on the outside / each side of the steering wheel, until the screens went dark. That little reset worked like a charm and audio came right back on after the reset.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had an issue losing audio and the stereo speakers not emitting any sounds. Rivian had me do an infotainment reset by depressing the far left and far right push buttons (next to the scroll wheel) and on the outside / each side of the steering wheel, until the screens went dark. That little reset worked like a charm and audio came right back on after the reset.
This didn’t work for me. But just letting the truck sit for an hour or so and the next time I started everything was working.
Congrats on getting your R1T @CapitolC! Have either of those issues with the screens and stereo happened more than once?

Do you have any photos of your black on black truck you can share?
Has not happened again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some pics of Black on Black. A little dirty from a weekend trip.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts