Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand your reasoning and I too opted out of the black wheels for the same reason. As for complaints about pricing. I believe the vehicle is offering a very good value at its current price point. I’m getting the LE and its stacked with specs. Have you seen the price tags on large SUV’s lately? A loaded Ford Expedition can run you close to 100k. Same for Suburban and Yukon XL. Many are far more. So for a fully electric vehicle with exceptionally good power per dollar specs your getting a tremendous value here. I see it more as a tool however so to me it is more like take my money because this vehicle is amazing. I’m going to get this LE one and enjoy it for awhile and then sell it to someone else who really wants one and order another one in black. I chose to go with Launch Green for the promise of earliest delivery only. I originally was going to order black so I’ll be happy, then make someone else happy, then get to get the perfect one I want. I have a serious case of the CW’s. (Can’t waits)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know Rivian will be pushing a lot of add ons over the next few months and I will surely bite on some of them. They would likely get better conversion if they priced a bit more aggressively
What makes you think there will be more add-ons?..Don’t get me wrong, I would love to be able to get a heads up display or/and shades for the moonroof and windows. However, I have not heard anything hinting towards more options becoming available closer towards launch.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
What makes you think there will be more add-ons?..Don’t get me wrong, I would love to be able to get a heads up display or/and shades for the moonroof and windows. However, I have not heard anything hinting towards more options becoming available closer towards launch.
From the website:

ELECTRIC ADVENTURE AWAITS
Visit our updated website to configure an R1T or R1S. You'll also find more information on both vehicles as well as a side-by-side comparison of our equipment packages.
You can reserve your configuration by placing a $1,000 refundable deposit. Your delivery date will come next year and will be based on when you preordered, your delivery location and the specifications you chose. Once you configure, you can continue making changes and updates. In fact, we'll be adding accessories and additional vehicle content in the coming months, so you can continue building.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just checked Tirerack for the Rivian 21" tire and found this... Seeing as there is no upcharge for these tires, and the rims won't look that bad if blacked out. You will still be able to buy another full set and still not break the $1800 upcharge... I live in Florida... 99.9% of my driving will be road and the .1% will be doing tank turns on Daytona beach.
I hope in the next couple years aftermarket rims will come available for Rivian
Tire Product Automotive tire Wheel Tread

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I just checked Tirerack for the Rivian 21" tire and found this... Seeing as there is no upcharge for these tires, and the rims won't look that bad if blacked out. You will still be able to buy another full set and still not break the $1800 upcharge... I live in Florida... 99.9% of my driving will be road and the .1% will be doing tank turns on Daytona beach.
I hope in the next couple years aftermarket rims will come available for Rivian
View attachment 2972
Welcome to the forum @Hairball! Are you planning on doing this with your Rivian?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I may try plastidip first to see how I like the rims blacked out... the holes in the 21's are very small, it may be a bit too much black out... I believe there is already a company doing aftermarket rims for the Rivian, and as Rivian gains in popularity, so will the growth of aftermarket parts and accessories, it may take a couple years.
As for tires, I have read about Rivians choice for Pirelli tires and Pirelli designing higher silica tire compound, and treads specially designed for EV's to make them have lower rolling resistance and roll quieter... tire droning in a silent car would be very noticable, which is another reason I won't go All-terrain, and, to be able to handle the weight and acceleration of these high power vehicles without wearing out every 20,000 miles... I'm not sure just any tire is up to the task.
Soon enough I will be able to purchase a full set of tires and rims that I actually like for around the same $1800 price as the EV market grows... of course it may be a few years down the road.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts