Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue Origin (owned by Jeff Bezos) successfully completed its 15th consecutive mission to space and back today and during the livestream you can see two Rivian R1Ts at the landing site of the capsule to recover it.

They seem to be numbered 01 and 02.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Very cool to see R1T's being used like this.
I'm sure Rivian can create an interesting story about them being on site for such an important event.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy in the light-colored shirt between the two trucks in the image is definitely RJ himself.
I'd have to think he was there for this. I imagine Rivian or he will make a post about being there soon.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't think any money exchanged hands. Most likely pre-producttion models loaned out for some sort of testing purpose. Like Long way up and the Rebelle Rally.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
219 Posts
I wasn't thinking that is something you pay. But once you are in this type of circle you get to see all these very cool things. Like you could work for Rivian and do some nice things like rallies etc. But if you are the CEO you will have the opportunity to participate in many things that an employee would not.

Not to mention someone like Bezos who can just decide "Hey, why not start a my own company to build rockets?"

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blue Origin is using the R1S this time around for today's launch with Jeff Bezos.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
428 Posts
Charge port door alignment seems a bit askew as well. Not the first time we’ve seen that though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts