Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Still Waiiting? Please choose your situation.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's please get a group letter written that will be openly distributed to media, investors, and Rivian corporate.

They refuse to listen to us individually through our "guides", maybe they listen to our collective voices

·
Registered
37 Posts
LE, LA Silver, 20" wheels, Roof rack, Ocean Coast. July 31, 2020 reservation. Original July-September 2022 delivery window has not been changed and I have received no personal communication regarding selection or delivery in the weeks after the announcement of the R1 shop. I had hoped to hear more from my Guide in June but nothing so far..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LE, LA Silver, 20" wheels, Roof rack, Ocean Coast. July 31, 2020 reservation. Original July-September 2022 delivery window has not been changed and I have received no personal communication regarding selection or delivery in the weeks after the announcement of the R1 shop. I had hoped to hear more from my Guide in June but nothing so far..
Pop in your info in the poll as well please. thanks for your reply. Had I know mine would be delayed until fall or winter or even later, I would have stuck with Ocean Coast too . . .just too many "false" estimates.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pop in your info in the poll as well please. thanks for your reply. Had I know mine would be delayed until fall or winter or even later, I would have stuck with Ocean Coast too . . .just too many "false" estimates.
I think I was the first person to respond to the poll, so my preorder status is recorded there, too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Let's please get a group letter written that will be openly distributed to media, investors, and Rivian corporate.
About WHAT? You've now posted in about a dozen different threads and you don't once mention what your configuration is, what delivery window you were given, or whether you've been changing your configuration, etc. The only thing we know for sure is that you don't have your vehicle yet (R1T? R1S?) and you're mad about that. Maybe you have a legitimate complaint, but from what you've posted in all these threads so far it just sounds like ranting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About WHAT? You've now posted in about a dozen different threads and you don't once mention what your configuration is, what delivery window you were given, or whether you've been changing your configuration, etc. The only thing we know for sure is that you don't have your vehicle yet (R1T? R1S?) and you're mad about that. Maybe you have a legitimate complaint, but from what you've posted in all these threads so far it just sounds like ranting.
Pre Order Dec 24 2018
Conifg Nov 16 2020 (Launch Edition Green with Ocean, but changed to Blue with Black and then Limestone with Green all on advice of MARK the guide who told me of delays with colors)
Delivery Window - Mar to April 2022 (given that Nov 23rd 2021, evidence posted directly from email)
No truck
and every advice of the guide has been just wrong.

I do not see it as ranting after 4 years of sitting back.
Lack of communication, lack of honesty, apologies without any action . . .

And before you or anybody says I have been changing configs and that is the issue, I have not -- all I have done is on advice of Rivian Guide and I made it clear I would accept the previous config AND the new one.

So, at this point I would take delivery in San Diego OR anywhere in Florida. I would take Blue, Launch Green or Limestone. I would take any of the 3 interior choices. I would delete any option.

All I am stuck on is the Launch Edition and the 22inch rims that we were offerred eons go at no cost. Other than that I am as flexible as yoga instructor on weed.

Hope that helps explain my position - ignore me if you think it is all a confusing rant.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
275 Posts
Who cares, they are struggling to deliver vehicle the same as VW, the largest manufacturer in the world, or Mercedes or BMW or Tesla or just about every auto manufacture in the world. Let me go order some new networking hardware, 8 month wait, let me order a new firewall 3 month wait, let me order some new plates/silverware for my restaurant 5 month wait.

Maybe I should cancel and get an EV from Audi, damn it 9 months. Or how about from Mercedes, 8 months. I know I will order a Kia, 6 months.

With what is happening the question shouldn't be 'Why won't Rivian deliver vehicles' it should instead be 'how are they delivering anything' considering they are so new to this. I get it I want my vehicle as well but it will happen when they have the parts.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The confusing thing about your post is that Rivian has been pretty much meeting its R1T delivery windows from March on with some notable exceptions, like with the Ocean Coast interior. I suspect that back in March when your window came up you had a configuration that wasn't being produced yet. If it's never been produced, there's no way to give you a new estimate that's meaningful. Or perhaps you made important changes before your delivery window came up - any changes before then could have dramatically changed when your vehicle was scheduled to be produced, but Rivian didn't/doesn't seem to have a system to keep you notified about new delivery windows. I don't know what your current configuration is, or when you changed it. But there are things other than colors that matter. Your location for example - if you changed delivery state after you were given a delivery window then your window was certainly inaccurate. I don't know if Rivian is shipping to Florida yet?

The 11 June email should have given you a new delivery window - one of the purposes of these new emails was to start to address the delivery window problem for configurations that they knew weren't going to ship on time. And now the R1 Shop is in place (that announcement was made 6 June) so if you really are open to something different than what you have configured then you should be able to get access to the shop and select an available vehicle. Given your preorder date you should have already automatically received your invitation to the shop. (There's a Launch Edition Limestone/Forest Edge with 22's available right now ... but this changes rapidly.)

Regardless, from what you describe, this does not seem like a "class action" type problem, it seems like something specific to your situation.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I feel your pain but just be patient. It helps if you think of the Rivian like a Ferrari or a Morgan; it's bespoke, rare, desirable, and is delivered with white-glove service. Just tell yourself you're lucky to have been chosen to own one. Sure, its BS, but it helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel your pain but just be patient. It helps if you think of the Rivian like a Ferrari or a Morgan; it's bespoke, rare, desirable, and is delivered with white-glove service. Just tell yourself you're lucky to have been chosen to own one. Sure, its BS, but it helps.
THANKS for kind words and helpful words . . .you actually read my posts for one.
I don't like to get into my car history for fear of getting flamed more by the usual trolls, but I have done many many many a preorder - and MY PERSONAL experience with Rivian has been the absolute dead last worst. Yes, they hire super kind Millennial and Gen Z folks who are quick to apologize profusely, but they have absolutely zero ability to get to the bottom or anything or fix anything that may have happened to my order . . . just empty platitudes.

Did I have delays with my Hummer H2, yes? Were there issues with delivery at Fisker and then Karma, certainly, well documented, did I have to wait long time for Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus, Lambo - you bettcha. What about the Apocalypse 6x6 or the Delorean B2F conversion - were they long build times, yes. Tacking down an Acura NSX? Easier to find audience with the Pope. The list goes on and on. Suffice it to say I am a big car nut and really enjoy the world of the innovative, new, rare "bespoke" appearing as you mentioned

What makes Rivian singularly awful compared to any of my above "patient" waits, is that Rivian promises and does not deliver one single thing so far (for me). They make suggestions, you follow their advice, and then get taunted by Rivian fan boys on forums for "changing configurations" and causing my own delays . . . nothing further from the truth. I never changed anything, just ADDED configurations to the list I was willing to accept. Remember, delivery in Fl or Ca, any of 3 colors on exterior, any of 3 colors on interior and all options could be added or taken away. I would say I gave Rivian every opportunity to deliver with this flexibility

Instead, platitudes and promises that never even amount to a timely call back.
Today, I just blew a gasket when my guide calls me after 2 weeks of MIA to tell me the "fantastic news" that my truck is "on the radar" to be built and it should not be Thanksgiving but could be.

No VIN, No 8 steps, not even mention of what color and options he "sees" being assigned to me in his magic crystal ball.

It was all window dressing distraction talk to basically tell me my order got lost and will not be fulfilled in the summer or fall.

Hope me sharing explains my stress and frustration better.

If it does not, and you are happy with your Rivian Delivery and don't want to be bothered by anyone with a different experience then you, please move on to another post and spare us both the drama of a flame post and reply. Just move on if my experience does not relate to you - I for one and ECSTATIC for you if you have had a good experience, God Bless

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should actually be happy. By the time you get yours, a lot of the bugs will be fixed. I'm in no rush to get my R1S even though it's been 3 years or so I think.
Usually I would agree with you, but due to my own personal health and family issues, need to get the vehicle in 2022 prior to Thanksgiving or there would be little to no point for me to purchase any car any longer. I will leave it at that.

PS - yes I have shared my personal circumstances with the Rivian Guide, again Mark is quite the empath just nothing else. I never get any fact driven true info or assistance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You said you would take delivery in FLA or in CA? Where do you actually live and what is the address in your account? Do you live in Canada?
I have homes in both Florida and California and have registered cars in both locations.
San Diego is where I prefer the vehicle to live, but having it delivered in Florida and I keep it there for rest of the year is fine too.
Again, trying to be as flexible as possible to work with Rivian.

Honestly I believe all this flexibility has confused something internally in the Rivian computer system that neither CS nor my guide have investigated.
There is no way on Earth that a Launch Edition preorder from 2018, config 11/16/2020 should still be waiting IF that person is agreeable to 3 exterior colors and 3 interior colors AND 2 delivery locations.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The confusing thing about your post is that Rivian has been pretty much meeting its R1T delivery windows from March on with some notable exceptions, like with the Ocean Coast interior. I suspect that back in March when your window came up you had a configuration that wasn't being produced yet. If it's never been produced, there's no way to give you a new estimate that's meaningful. Or perhaps you made important changes before your delivery window came up - any changes before then could have dramatically changed when your vehicle was scheduled to be produced, but Rivian didn't/doesn't seem to have a system to keep you notified about new delivery windows. I don't know what your current configuration is, or when you changed it. But there are things other than colors that matter. Your location for example - if you changed delivery state after you were given a delivery window then your window was certainly inaccurate. I don't know if Rivian is shipping to Florida yet?

The 11 June email should have given you a new delivery window - one of the purposes of these new emails was to start to address the delivery window problem for configurations that they knew weren't going to ship on time. And now the R1 Shop is in place (that announcement was made 6 June) so if you really are open to something different than what you have configured then you should be able to get access to the shop and select an available vehicle. Given your preorder date you should have already automatically received your invitation to the shop. (There's a Launch Edition Limestone/Forest Edge with 22's available right now ... but this changes rapidly.)

Regardless, from what you describe, this does not seem like a "class action" type problem, it seems like something specific to your situation.
Never got a June 11 email at all.
I did like your idea of grabbing the Limestone LE with FG and 22's in the R1T Shop, but Rivian has removed my access to the shop - will try and find my guide and tell him to grab it
So stressful on so many levels with this whole process . . . glad it has been so smooth for others, but it does not discount the experiences of many that are trying to remain silent and patient.

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Electric_Panda: I have nothing to add but my sympathy (I guess that makes me like Rivian?). Your ordeal is frustrating and painful and it does sound like something has fallen through the cracks and no one wants to be bothered to investigate it.

Also as a Morgan owner I chuckled at the idea of anything related to Morgan being "white glove."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Electric_Panda: I have nothing to add but my sympathy (I guess that makes me like Rivian?). Your ordeal is frustrating and painful and it does sound like something has fallen through the cracks and no one wants to be bothered to investigate it.

Also as a Morgan owner I chuckled at the idea of anything related to Morgan being "white glove."
Appreciate you Race Karl, sympathy and empathy is welcome from all - it's is just not enough from the company who took your money in 2018 and used your reservation to prop up valuation into the billions of dollars. The wold of mergers, acquisitions and going public is far from foreign to me and it is an absolute FACT that Rivian could not have succeeded without proving demand for their prototype product from 2018 and 2019 pre order numbers . . . . that was the single most important piece to their success and RJ knows it.

Re the Morgan cement, honestly none of the deliveries are "white glove" but I remember how Karma acknowledged my issues (both with their delivery process as well as the well documented issues of their predecessor Fisker) The difference was they made it right and I am a friend of the company ever since. I was speechless with how much they did to earn back the relationship. If I detail it here, nobody would believe it. But in the end, I am on my 4 spec with them, they were the ones that one in the end.

Customer relations is to "service until satisfied" - In 99% of the cases, this is achievable if you listen and get proactive on the side of the customer

1 - 20 of 42 Posts