Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Response from Rivian

“Thank you...We have an excellent team that monitors internet activity, and we have made it well known that preorders are non-transferrable, which is something we take very seriously.”

Would this response facilitate one’s ability to call BS on those posting that they have been told that transferring a reservation is permitted?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Response from Rivian
“Thank you...We have an excellent team that monitors internet activity.....
Well, I call BS on that!

If they actually monitored even just this site, they would address the Android Auto/Carplay situation, the SXM situation, the Maxpack questions, the RS1 delivery questions, etc.. etc...

They got their IPO $$ and they're not looking back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I asked customer service if they had plans to curtail the selling of reservations. They pretty much told me that the current loophole of changing the information of a Rivian account was not being monitored. Officially, reservations can’t be transferred but currently this loophole isn’t being monitored or regulated.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked customer service if they had plans to curtail the selling of reservations. They pretty much told me that the current loophole of changing the information of a Rivian account was not being monitored. Officially, reservations can’t be transferred but currently this loophole isn’t being monitored or regulated.
When and via what method of communication? (telephone or email) If it was via email feel free to post the applicable text. Otherwise, either things have changed or there was a misunderstanding. Seems pretty cut and dry from the response I received.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's America, who cares what people do with their reservations. If you have something of value and want to sell it, so be it. They paid for that reservation. No different than if they buy the vehicle and sell it immediately. Just makes it a lot easier if that's the case, for the "second" buyer to move into the first slot and be the "original" owner instead.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's America, who cares what people do with their reservations. If you have something of value and want to sell it, so be it. They paid for that reservation. No different than if they buy the vehicle and sell it immediately. Just makes it a lot easier if that's the case, for the "second" buyer to move into the first slot and be the "original" owner instead.
Would we even be taking about this if Rivian would just release the trucks they have made.
Wait a minute…. Maybe they haven’t made trucks for sale yet? Hmmm

·
Registered
72 Posts
No screen shot?

Perhaps I missed but I'll believe it when someone posts actual text directly from Rivian.
I've had the same discussion with them twice over the topic. I tried to save the transcript on my last time, but the stupid thing only saved the last half. As far as I've been able to tell they are basically not going to facilitate transfers on the back end officially, and if people start abusing it, I would expect them to cut it off. Like having companies buying several reservations with the intent of reselling them at a profit, as we discussed the other day. However, there are quite legitimate reasons to change basically all of the info on the account that aren't just transferring to another individual.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Surely you're aware this truck is being sold outside America? Perhaps those of us from other countries don't share your perspective.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Surely you're aware this truck is being sold outside America? Perhaps those of us from other countries don't share your perspective.
As far as I know, right now it's not. US deliveries are first. Regardless, should matter either way. Explain to me what's wrong with it? You have your place in line. Your place will remain the same (likely improve as there will still be several cancellations). Again, what's the difference to you if someone buys the truck, then sells it immediately? Instead, this allows the second owner to be the first owner, simplifies the process for both parties involved. It's a simple way of life. It is what it is. Be upset if you choose. Will be a waste of energy. Or accept your place in line and look forward to your delivery date. If 100 people sell their reservations, your delivery date isn't going to change by much, if at all.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So, not a single current LE reservation holder resides outside the USA?

Sold and delivered are two distinct terms. I said sold.
Technically, only the employee versions thus far are "sold". The rest of us, nothing has been "sold". We all simply have "reservations", if you want to get technical! LOL :). And, most are "sold" at the time of delivery. With Tesla, maybe a day or two beforehand. My point however, was US deliveries are first. By the time they get to delivering to other countries, they'll likely be well through most of the first 50,000 reservations they had through October. Thus, out of the country buyers likely won't be impacted by what happens with US reservations. Just like many (not necessarily all) people in Los Angeles (or other supported areas, such as San Francisco, Chicago, etc) with later reservations are likely to get their vehicles before earlier reservations from buyers in remote areas of North Dakota (as an example) as Rivian rep stated, most deliveries will first be to customers in areas where they have the infrastructure to support the vehicles (Service centers, etc). At least, that's what I was told.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just to clarify, based on the launch edition delivery windows, other than. Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska the location has next to no impact on delivery date. They seem to have switch back to roughly preorder number and then material runs (you can see a shift in production between interiors).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.