Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my R1T about two months ago. While I was excited to have my own “guide”, I’ve grown to basically despise the person who has been assigned. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get away from him. I’ve tried going back to the general queue but they still route me right back to this person. I’ve told him to have his manager contact me but have yet to hear from them. I can’t even sell the truck to get away because, two months in, Rivian hasn’t licensed it yet. Has anyone initiated a change in guides? How did you do it? Poor customer support is putting a dark cloud over this purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I contacted customer support’s general queue and asked for a new guide to be assigned. They said this was possible and that they would place a note to the previous guide’s manager. Within 30 minutes I got a call from the non-existent guide to try and address my issues. Not sure if he‘s still my guide or not, but I don‘t really have anything else to talk with him about that general customer support shouldn’t be able to handle either.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took delivery of my R1T about two months ago. While I was excited to have my own “guide”, I’ve grown to basically despise the person who has been assigned. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to get away from him. I’ve tried going back to the general queue but they still route me right back to this person. I’ve told him to have his manager contact me but have yet to hear from them. I can’t even sell the truck to get away because, two months in, Rivian hasn’t licensed it yet. Has anyone initiated a change in guides? How did you do it? Poor customer support is putting a dark cloud over this purchase.
I gave up on my guide in favor of calling the service department. That team is great. Very resonsive and has all the answers you will need. Give them a call right from the phone app under "ask us a question". From my experience, you will have renewed faith in their customer service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gave up on my guide in favor of calling the service department. That team is great. Very resonsive and has all the answers you will need. Give them a call right from the phone app under "ask us a question". From my experience, you will have renewed faith in their customer service.
My issues have been more administrative, not service related. I did deal with service on a defective wall charger. It took three calls to get them to replace it (red light of doom, no charging capability). I also emailed them about a week ago inquiring about touch up paint but haven’t heard back. Not great, though they’ve been pleasant to talk with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve no desire to get someone fired but if they’re doing layoffs anyway, I can make a suggestion. 🤔

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
36 Posts
That's been the solution for me. Schedule a service appointment, make contact with the local service team, work directly with the local service manager.
In this way you're working directly with a person who is in charge of and responsible for actually getting things done.
It's still a circuitous phone answering system (RIVIAN5) which I think is a misguided attempt to write their own internal systems for a much larger user base … with only a few thousand customers, having the layers of a system designed for a million customers is painful for all concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts