Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a silly question, but while sitting in the truck yesterday for an hour waiting to exit the parking garage after a concert, we were wondering if you can actually turn off the truck completely, like an ICE car, while sitting in it and “watching paint dry”. Not talking about Camp mode or something like that. I am also not concerned about battery drain, it was more of a philosophical moment of whether there is an option or not. :)

· Registered
R1T Launch Edition
76 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but while sitting in the truck yesterday for an hour waiting to exit the parking garage after a concert, we were wondering if you can actually turn off the truck completely, like an ICE car, while sitting in it and “watching paint dry”. Not talking about Camp mode or something like that. I am also not concerned about battery drain, it was more of a philosophical moment of whether there is an option or not. :)
I think you can just open and close the driver's door and then hit lock on the fob.
Presumably turning off cabin motion sensors without going into kennel mode.
I guess you could use the app from within the cabin.

Short Story:
I was on the phone with software support engineers and they said to open the door and without leaving the driver's seat, close it and sit there (not on handsfree bluetooth) for "a few minutes" (I seem to recall about 3 minutes before it really went completely dark and silent.)

Longer Story: The devs could apparently see the state of the vehicle, see it go "dormant" (this was as a new owner on day one, because of a bug in a newer owner in the app with more than one vehicle on order, if you're looking at the "other" vehicle when you try to take delivery of "this" vehicle, it didn't notice the mismatch and just sat there waiting for a response from a vehicle that hadn't been built.)

· Registered
790 Posts
@Adam R1T LE: Wait - how did you get to speak to software support? I have had a software problem since day one and customer service says they have no way to transfer me to someone in software support. Asked on 4 different occasions so far. They said I will have to bring it into the service center, but first available date is in December.

· Registered
R1T Launch Edition
76 Posts
@Adam R1T LE: Wait - how did you get to speak to software support? I have had a software problem since day one and customer service says they have no way to transfer me to someone in software support. Asked on 4 different occasions so far. They said I will have to bring it into the service center, but first available date is in December.
You don't speak to software support, software support speaks to you.
: )
It was an early delivery and they got involved over the phone. Nothing to do with me other than being the test flight monkey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts