Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes a launch edition R1T, been following rivian since their first expo back in nov 2018, didn't put down a deposit until August 2020. No guide contact as of yet. (not surprising), hoping to have the first R1T and electric pickup in general, in ottawa :) (im sure it will be short lived)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered in May 2019 - configured a R1T Launch Edition in Nov 2020 - here in Alberta (don't worry still have 5 vehicle that we have swapped duramax's into to keep our reputation)
yes a launch edition R1T, been following rivian since their first expo back in nov 2018, didn't put down a deposit until August 2020. No guide contact as of yet. (not surprising), hoping to have the first R1T and electric pickup in general, in ottawa :) (im sure it will be short lived)
I

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the R1S to Montreal. I am late to the party though and only placed the order in September… I have a Kona electric that I just love driving. The Rivian would replace our Landrover as the family car. 🙂

·
Registered
29 Posts
be surprised if there is a "First drive" (outside of toronto or vancouver) , i would guess they bring one R1t to each provice there are buyers in , right to their house, or metropoloitan area...but who knows

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rectangle Font Gas Electric blue Signage

My order went in on November 10, 2019 and my hopes of having the R1S with the larger battery pack in 2022 are slipping away. So, I will keep on driving my ML350 Bluetec across British Columbia with a licence plate that hardly anybody can figure out.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Vancouver BC, I ordered an R1S back in Sept 2019, launch edition, going the launch green route. Hoping to get it before summer 2022 to go exploring….but who knows.
I must be one of the first in Canada. I placed my order for R1T on 5the December 2018. I live in Whitby Ontario
View attachment 3494
My order went in on November 10, 2019 and my hopes of having the R1S with the larger battery pack in 2022 are slipping away. So, I will keep on driving my ML350 Bluetec across British Columbia with a licence plate that hardly anybody can figure out.
Welcome to the forum guys! Kudos for being order holders for so long!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Vancouver BC, I ordered an R1S back in Sept 2019, launch edition, going the launch green route. Hoping to get it before summer 2022 to go exploring….but who knows.
I drove down to the Rivian Preview in Seattle in 2019. What I liked most about the truck is the fact that it is NOT a Full size vehicle. I mostly owned Toyota P/U's and the R1T is not that much larger than a Tacoma.

·
Registered
2017 Prius, 2012 Tacoma, 2012 Vespa GTV300
256 Posts
Hello everyone,

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I've been binging this forum as well as every online review and YouTube video I can find. I have a number of questions about the R1T and Rivian that are specific to Canada (market, climate, distances).

Should I post them here?

Ted
Cambridge, Ontario

·
Registered
46 Posts
I must be one of the first in Canada. I placed my order for R1T on 5the December 2018. I live in Whitby Ontario
Any word from Rivian yet ?
I've placed mine order from BC Vancouver for R1T Adventure max pack in Sep 2019 and following every thread I can find , hoping to get it beginning of next summer, at the main time trying to make my mind on the colors and wheels but for that I want to see it in person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine December 2, 2018 while I was in LA for work. Saw it at the auto show, talked to the engineers and gave them my money. I’m just trying to figure out when I will get it. I’m replacing a 2019 Sierra Denali.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I seriously doubt Canadians get any committed timeline that we can rely on until April/May 2022 or beyond. Don't have much hope for before that , when US Launch edition deliveries are being pushed out from October 2021 to March-April 2022, with little to no (lead time) notice. Also the S1 filings reference some Canadian authorization/regulatory issues, that Rivian doesnt plan to apply for until February 2022ish timeframe (which will probably get delayed too). Last year i bought volkswagen tiguan as a temporary vehicle until my rivian comes, and now likely due to other plans i have and lack of towing capacity of a Tiguan, I may need to get some other temporary vehicle in between the tiguan and rivian. yippee for non stop delays.

Rivian website still indicates Rivian plans to start Delivering to Canada in November 2021 (wonder when they update that ? Dec 1st ?, or maybe they will find a way to get one truck into the hands of a single Canadian employee before end of the month) .

Sad that us customers are only finding out updates/progress of deliveries from SEC S1 Filings, and not any direct communication from Rivian themselves to their customer base.

I also doubt that any real customer has a truck yet. From what I see, Rivian does not want these trucks in the hands of anyone not under their thumb (ie employees and maybe Jeff Bezos) , until IPO has come and gone. (which is understandable, but it would be nice if they were transparent about it).

1 - 20 of 67 Posts