Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a pre-order February 2019 and I am thinking of cancelling. I have not been paying much attention to what is going on with pre-orders but reading through the forums it seems like that is a fairly early pre-order date and some people have had success transferring them? If that possibility is of interest to anyone, please reach out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@_R1S_ - I'm guessing that is because I have the max battery pack configured on the R1T Explore. It seems like re-configuring to the R1T large pack Adventure brings delivery into 2022, not sure if that applies if switched to R1S.

·
Banned
473 Posts
I placed my order for an R1S in Nov of 21, and was told to expect it first half of 2023. I'm surprised you have a similar estimate. God bless pandemic driven scarcity.
It’s called The Covid Effect.

that way… every supplier and every manufacturer can blame it on something that like a fart in the wind.

‘’all BS if you ask me‘’

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nope. It is really real. Trucker strike in Canada in Winsor blocking auto supplier part shipments into the US has shut down plants for Ford, and GM and other OEMs because truckers (and a flash mob) are against Canada's COVID-19 vaccination mandates.

Automakers cut production as Canadian truckers block deliveries across key border bridge to protest vaccine mandate

Microchip shortage due to automakers lack of forward (and crisis) thinking has crippled the auto industry thanks to Covid. This has been documented thousands of times. If fact, I believe we are truly seeing a fundamental shift in the dealership / new vehicle purchasing model. Thanks to COVID days of thousands of cars in stock and rock bottom prices with huge incentives are gone. To be replaced by the modern day era of ordering your custom specific vehicle and WAITING for it...

Chips A-Hoy!

Container Ship Log-jam

So no, COVIDs impact to the world is REAL and it is not made up or a figment of some sort of Government conspiracy. In a global market with global supply chains and just-in-time delivery, a GLOBAL pandemic that is still not over has far, far reaching consequences for YEARS to come.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put in a pre-order February 2019 and I am thinking of cancelling. I have not been paying much attention to what is going on with pre-orders but reading through the forums it seems like that is a fairly early pre-order date and some people have had success transferring them? If that possibility is of interest to anyone, please reach out.
Very interested if it's possible to transfer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So they’re that far out even on early pre-orders? I might have to skip the Rivian this time. The lease on my Tesla Model 3 is up in September and even if I do the 6 month extension I'd have to have something in hand by March 2023. Sounds like that’s probably not possible with a Rivian at this point. I'll have to go with a Model Y with tow hitch for now and look at Rivian again in a few years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just put my deposit down a few days ago knowing that it would be a long wait. I hope they ramp up production and my wait isn't longer than 2 years. I'm thinking very hard about getting a LR Defender to hold me over. First world problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put my deposit down a few days ago knowing that it would be a long wait. I hope they ramp up production and my wait isn't longer than 2 years. I'm thinking very hard about getting a LR Defender to hold me over. First world problems.
Why give them $1k for the next 2 years when in 2 years supply will likely normalize and you'll be able to order one and get it in a couple months? You could use that money to buy a dozen of their shares and probably make a decent profit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why give them $1k for the next 2 years when in 2 years supply will likely normalize and you'll be able to order one and get it in a couple months? You could use that money to buy a dozen of their shares and probably make a decent profit.
Good point. I have a few of their shares and am not looking to add any more at this point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.