These six-figure electric SUVs are the latest in mega-powerful peacocking.
- Why is the BMW so much more efficient?
- Any early R1S owners care to weigh-in on the handling complaints: "Steering is out of step with chassis"
- What about other issues C&D noticed: Float, front-to-rear porpoising, head toss and tire impact noise?
- Are these fixable with software updates to suspension and steering, or are they purely mechanical engineering problems?
- Is top speed 111mph or 125mph?
- I don't get the comment: "My 30 year old ski boat gets on plane faster"
BMW has been building cars for a long time. Let's hope Rivian at least learns how to at least seal the vehicle against water leaks. Might help with wind noise too...
As a Sept 2019 reservation holder, I'm trying to remain enthusiastic.