Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My Volvo has all of those integrations but also has CarPlay. I find myself using CarPlay 99% of the time because it’s better.

Maybe Rivian has done what no other auto manufacturer has been able to do? I hope that’s true. But I’m not holding my breath.

Another issue is one of choice/freedom. I am invested heavily in the Apple ecosystem. I use an iPhone, Apple Watch, MacBook Pro, etc. My family uses Apple Music, too. Will Rivian‘s infotainment system have an Apple Music app? Porsche does... but most other manufacturers do not. Volvo wanted me to switch to Pandora (ugh) or Spotify (don’t like it). Thankfully, they support CarPlay so I use that and enjoy my Apple Music.

If Rivian tells us that Apple is too limiting, then they better give us everything AND MORE. Otherwise, it’s all lies.
We are heavily invested in Apple as well. My friend in invested in the android/samsung line. Now that these companies are moving to tablets, we should just be able to add carplay/google play as an app and then everyone is satisfied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know that critiquing something like the cup holder sounds petty but it greatly impacts the experience for me and yes it could be a deal breaker. I don't ever get in my car without a 30oz Yeti filled to the top with water. My wife is the same way. Assuming that we get to see these up close before delivery time I will be there cup in hand to see if it can fit or if it bends under the weight.

I'm not paying 90k+ to drive with one hand for the rest of my life or to concede to being thirsty on every road trip going forward. Also not conceding to being unable to go through the Whataburger drive thru without requiring a passenger to hold the trash can sized drinks because a truck of all things cannot. If my daughters Miata can hold x2 Yeti cups and x2 Monster energy cans that's really the minimum for anything that doesn't have factory vertical doors

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I know that critiquing something like the cup holder sounds petty but it greatly impacts the experience for me and yes it could be a deal breaker. I don't ever get in my car without a 30oz Yeti filled to the top with water. My wife is the same way. Assuming that we get to see these up close before delivery time I will be there cup in hand to see if it can fit or if it bends under the weight.

I'm not paying 90k+ to drive with one hand for the rest of my life or to concede to being thirsty on every road trip going forward. Also not conceding to being unable to go through the Whataburger drive thru without requiring a passenger to hold the trash can sized drinks because a truck of all things cannot. If my daughters Miata can hold x2 Yeti cups and x2 Monster energy cans that's really the minimum for anything that doesn't have factory vertical doors
Thanks for making me laugh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was watching a video that had a pretty good shot of the inside of the front doors. It looks like they have a big pocket. Guessing, but a good sized water bottle that seals should fit in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was watching a video that had a pretty good shot of the inside of the front doors. It looks like they have a big pocket. Guessing, but a good sized water bottle that seals should fit in it.
My truck has a decent size pocket but won’t hold my yeti :-(. If the pockets nice and big, again maybe there will be a third-party manufacturer or I will cut out my own foam cup holder. Still would like to have it in the center console. I appreciate everybody pitching in. It’s been enjoyable to talk with other people about my truck. Still stressing about using the green interior, but I don’t want black again and I’m afraid the white will stain so easily since I do get in and out of the truck quite dirty at times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When you have been driving as long as I have, before cup holders, before internet, before Yeti, when there were ashtrays, hearing the Monday morning quarterbacking about the interior design relative to cup holders just seems so bizarre. Henry Ford offered you no choice in color, heat or tires. And people were thankful to have a vehicle they could afford. If the Rivian R1S delivered to me has no cupholders, I will make do. Because there is no other company making AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE which is so fitting to my needs, off the ground so it reasonable to enter and exit. It will have Driver+ to provide a safer operation. It will be helping to save the Earth and all that is living on it. And I will be enjoying the quiet ride when others are worried about whether they can sip something while they search for some noise on Carplay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you have been driving as long as I have, before cup holders, before internet, before Yeti, when there were ashtrays, hearing the Monday morning quarterbacking about the interior design relative to cup holders just seems so bizarre. Henry Ford offered you no choice in color, heat or tires. And people were thankful to have a vehicle they could afford. If the Rivian R1S delivered to me has no cupholders, I will make do. Because there is no other company making AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE which is so fitting to my needs, off the ground so it reasonable to enter and exit. It will have Driver+ to provide a safer operation. It will be helping to save the Earth and all that is living on it. And I will be enjoying the quiet ride when others are worried about whether they can sip something while they search for some noise on Carplay.
Saying "well the Model T didn't have XYZ therefore you're silly for wanting XYZ" is silly. Your desire for Driver+ and environmental concerns are valid. But so are cupholders and CarPlay.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts