Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. For those that are interested, I'm about to go to:

Texas Detailing Association

To get my windows tinted and have a ceramic coating for the entire body. They came highly recommended from a friend of mine that runs marketing for several dealers in the Houston area.

The owner of the place was really interested in doing the Rivian and expressed interest in having a group buy put together. I'll post pictures after it's done next week...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got her back after 2 days. They did an amazing job. Doing to ceramic coat using Gteq Ultra really made the launch green paint stand out. I've attached some of my photos from my phone, but they are getting me some of the photos that they took as well with a full DSLR.

Went with 75% on the windshield and roof. 35% for front two windows. 20% for the rear and passengers.
Wheel Car Tire Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why the roof? It is rated at like 98%. It is designed to allow less than 2% of the total light to pass. The only thing tougher than that would to make your roof completely opaque.
I thought about that, but after sitting in the truck prior to getting it done, you could easily feel the heat radiating through the roof in direct sunlight, just by holding your hand an inch below the glass. After having the tint done, can't feel the heat at all in the same sunlight.

Other owners have posted similar stories, so I figured why not. At the worst, I can always remove it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks really good. I too live in Texas (Dallas) and thinking about getting the ceramic tint. I've had my truck for a few weeks now and think the tint will really help in this crazy Texas heat. have you noticed a big difference?

If you don't mind me asking how much was the tint job?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Plagiarizing myself from another forum....

kneebuster said:
I've got a 4'x5' piece of this sunroof PPF on the way, PPF Paint Protection Film Glass Sunroof Clear Bra VLT70% UV99% Block W – EzAuto Wrap . I"m hoping it'll cut down on IR, and protect the sunroof glass a bit. Will report back after it's installed, hopefully by the weekend.
I got this installed on Friday, and it was well worth the investment. Install took about an hour working alone. I highly recommend having help though. It gives the glass a bit of a blue tint, but it's not objectionable since the sky tends to be blue. There is a very small amount of distortion, but that's likely due to me installing it alone.

It was well worth the $50 investment. It definitely cuts down on the IR coming through the glass. Driving in the blazing Colorado sun I did not feel the heat on my head like I did before. After being parked in the sun for several hours on a 90 degree day, the glass was still quite hot to the touch, but the interior was only a couple of degrees higher than ambient. I think the hot glass was due more to conduction from the metal parts of the roof. It should also provide some impact resistance, and should not have the shattering concern that has sometimes been mentioned as a potential with film on the inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got her back after 2 days. They did an amazing job. Doing to ceramic coat using Gteq Ultra really made the launch green paint stand out. I've attached some of my photos from my phone, but they are getting me some of the photos that they took as well with a full DSLR.

Went with 75% on the windshield and roof. 35% for front two windows. 20% for the rear and passengers. View attachment 6450 View attachment 6451 View attachment 6452
Who did the ceramic and the cost ?
I'm in Houston and Wimberley.
Thanks
Walter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts