Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered getting their R1T or R1S ceramic coated once they get delivered? I've personally never done it on my cars but Since the R1T will be my first new car in a while I'm definitely considering it.

If anyone has done it before, are there any products that you'd recommend?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My vehicles spend enough time in the garage without making then queen's. Start doing that and they will never see dirt. Did put PPF on my Porsche but that's a different story. Consistency with wax and a duster is enough for me. My wife's Bolt will be treated with wax and dusting also. I've over done it all my life and am just damn tired. I'm in the Arizona desert. More dust than rain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone considered getting their R1T or R1S ceramic coated once they get delivered? I've personally never done it on my cars but Since the R1T will be my first new car in a while I'm definitely considering it.

If anyone has done it before, are there any products that you'd recommend?
I've been researching graphene coating! I know a few people that have ceramic coatings on their Teslas and they love them. I'm going to put something on my Rivian that's for sure, but the days of waxing are done for me so I'll be finding some kind of solution (ceramic or graphene)!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I drive forester 2019 at the moment and at the time of purchase I was charged about $1000 for some sort of coating helping to prevent rust and so on , j have decall on windows saying Diamond shield (whatever that means) but the most interesting thing I've noticed so far is , I've being thru tight bushes on this vehicle already about 5 times and heard like branches were making contact with paint , but surprisingly enough there is not a single scratch on the paint, I definitely want to find out what was that and use it again.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Anyone just going with basic paint protection film on the key areas?

With the bottom half of the hood covered and side mirrors, the rest of it won't matter much to me. PPF might be a better choice to with how the front end of the R1T and R1S is shaped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone just going with basic paint protection film on the key areas?

With the bottom half of the hood covered and side mirrors, the rest of it won't matter much to me. PPF might be a better choice to with how the front end of the R1T and R1S is shaped.
I've used PPF on all my cars for the last decade or so and I swear by it. My M3P has it...currently nearing 40k miles and looks like brand new.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've been researching graphene coating! I know a few people that have ceramic coatings on their Teslas and they love them. I'm going to put something on my Rivian that's for sure, but the days of waxing are done for me so I'll be finding some kind of solution (ceramic or graphene)!!!
I'm no that familiar on graphene coating. But this video goes to great depths to compare Graphene and Ceramic coating.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've used PPF on all my cars for the last decade or so and I swear by it. My M3P has it...currently nearing 40k miles and looks like brand new.
Its the most forgiving of all options.
Some are lucky enough to have it prevent scuff marks and scratches from penetrating the film and getting to the paint!

How much did you pay to get PPF done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts