Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good Ceramic Coating shop in Los Angeles? I've had my windows tinted by a company I found on Yelp and although it was an ok experience, I think actual word of mouth is important.

· Registered
R1T, Sept 2021 preorder
25 Posts
You can save $1000 and do it yourself. Assuming your paint is already in good condition, the process takes less than 2 hours and costs less than $150 in materials for the top-end professional stuff which will be enough to do 2 cars. The work that you might need the pros for is the paint prep if you have an older car.

Check out youtube for videos showing "Adam's Advanced Graphene Ceramic" coating. There are other brands that are great too, I'm just familiar with Adam's so that is what I recommend. I am not affiliated with them in any way.

I've done 4 cars now (2 of mine and 2 with friends), and I am blown away how simple it is and the result is fantastic.

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No doubt doing it myself would save a good chunk of change. I did find a shop that uses Adams Graphene Ceramic and I'm going to talk to them. They repeatedly wash the car, measure paint depth, and adjust the amount of coating accordingly. Possibly two coats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts