Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I dropped off my Canyon Red R1T at Wurzel Performance in Carson, California for ceramic coating. Wurzel is a high-end shop run by an engineer named Nick who understands chemical processes. He is also a bit OCD.

Wurzel strongly prefers Adams Graphene coating, so that's what I went with.

The car was cleaned four times (license plate and wipers removed for thoroughness). It was then fully inspected and paint defects were corrected. All surfaces (wheels, logos, etc) were then coated twice. The car sat inside under infrared to cure.

As an added benefit I learned a lot about little imperfections from the factory. I learned that the front right quarter panel had not been installed correctly, and that the factory left trace amounts of glue on trim pieces. Nothing terrible. There were probably six or seven spots where paint correction was required.

So am I glad I did it? Yes. It turned out great and I'm hoping I'll have an easier time cleaning the car in the future. I could have applied the coating myself; however that would have resulted in something close to what the average detailer would have done. Maybe Cars and Coffee good, but not Concours good.

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
R1T
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly handwashing rather than machine drive throughs. You can use ceramic car wash soap if you wash it yourself to really maintain it, but I don't think its necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts