Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many questions were posed about the wording of Rivian's e-mails that pre-orders prior to 03/01/2022 would re-instated at original pricing, however, wording appeared to indicate you may be stuck with the configuration of the vehicle as it was on that date or prior and not allowed to make any changes without altering your price.

I received an e-mail that clearly indicates that all pre-order holders will in fact be able to alter their configurations at Pre-03/01/2022 Pricing, thus you are not locked into the vehicle configuration as it was on 03/01/2022.

Personally, I'd figure out your configurations as quickly as possible, once they do eventually update everyone's accounts and allow you back in to the original configurations, just in case it changes again. But as of now, it appears that anyone with a reservation prior to 03/01/2022 will simply be able to ignore the recent pricing increases and continue to freely make changes to your configuration until your final order is made. All will be just as it was for us, until the order is complete. Only those placing orders after 03/01/2022 will be subject to the new pricing. For those of us with pre-orders prior to 03/01/2022, the price increase never happened, or only in an alternate universe to our own!!

COPY OF E-MAIL BELOW........

Hi XXX,

Thanks to everybody who reached out with questions about preorder pricing. We know a lot's happened over the last couple of weeks, so we thought a quick recap might be helpful.

Our developers are working hard to restore your pricing in our systems. We appreciate your patience as we get this set up.

Here’s what you can expect once everything is updated:
  • You will be able to reconfigure your preordered vehicle and maintain pre-March 1 pricing.
  • You can even swap between R1T and R1S and maintain pre-March 1 pricing.
  • Rivian accessories will be available at pre-March 1 pricing.
  • If you’d like to configure a post-March 1 option like Dual-Motor AWD, Standard battery pack or new accessory offerings, new pricing will apply (and we’ll be back in touch on how to select those options).
As a reminder, terms and details can be found in the Preorder Agreement. We’ll email you as soon as the configurator and your Rivian Account Page are updated. If you want more details in the meantime, reach out to us directly with any questions.

I hope you found this update helpful.

Until next time...

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​

·
Registered
73 Posts
Many questions were posed about the wording of Rivian's e-mails that pre-orders prior to 03/01/2022 would re-instated at original pricing, however, wording appeared to indicate you may be stuck with the configuration of the vehicle as it was on that date or prior and not allowed to make any changes without altering your price.

I received an e-mail that clearly indicates that all pre-order holders will in fact be able to alter their configurations at Pre-03/01/2022 Pricing, thus you are not locked into the vehicle configuration as it was on 03/01/2022.

Personally, I'd figure out your configurations as quickly as possible, once they do eventually update everyone's accounts and allow you back in to the original configurations, just in case it changes again. But as of now, it appears that anyone with a reservation prior to 03/01/2022 will simply be able to ignore the recent pricing increases and continue to freely make changes to your configuration until your final order is made. All will be just as it was for us, until the order is complete. Only those placing orders after 03/01/2022 will be subject to the new pricing. For those of us with pre-orders prior to 03/01/2022, the price increase never happened, or only in an alternate universe to our own!!

COPY OF E-MAIL BELOW........

Hi XXX,

Thanks to everybody who reached out with questions about preorder pricing. We know a lot's happened over the last couple of weeks, so we thought a quick recap might be helpful.

Our developers are working hard to restore your pricing in our systems. We appreciate your patience as we get this set up.

Here’s what you can expect once everything is updated:​
  • You will be able to reconfigure your preordered vehicle and maintain pre-March 1 pricing.
  • You can even swap between R1T and R1S and maintain pre-March 1 pricing.
  • Rivian accessories will be available at pre-March 1 pricing.
  • If you’d like to configure a post-March 1 option like Dual-Motor AWD, Standard battery pack or new accessory offerings, new pricing will apply (and we’ll be back in touch on how to select those options).

As a reminder, terms and details can be found in the Preorder Agreement. We’ll email you as soon as the configurator and your Rivian Account Page are updated. If you want more details in the meantime, reach out to us directly with any questions.

I hope you found this update helpful.

Until next time...

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement​
I called CS and was told that their roll back on pricing requires their system to return to Feb 28, 2022 configuration and can be modified from there. CS rep said if you make changes you’ll have to go through the process again once their system resets for you. He also said that he thinks everyone should be reset in 3 weeks + -, I’ll wait to go though the process.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have a list of the Pre Order pricing? The email I received didnt provide a line item breakdown of my R1T, and I couldn't find original pricing anywhere!? I recall the Kitchen being $5000 (and now its $6750) and the full sized spare being $600 (and now its $750). I also dont recall El Cap Granite being $2500. Thanks...... Bobbo

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
324 Posts
Does anyone have a list of the Pre Order pricing? The email I received didnt provide a line item breakdown of my R1T, and I couldn't find original pricing anywhere!? I recall the Kitchen being $5000 (and now its $6750) and the full sized spare being $600 (and now its $750). I also dont recall El Cap Granite being $2500. Thanks...... Bobbo
Pretty sure some painting was 2500 like the Rivian Blue. Not sure about the El Cap. The kitchen was 5k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty sure some painting was 2500 like the Rivian Blue. Not sure about the El Cap. The kitchen was 5k.
Thanks. I remembered the kitchen price, but didnt remember the colors being more. I was hoping someone had a screen grab of the original pricing across the board. It will come in handy as we all try to compare original pricing once it is restored ;)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does anyone have a list of the Pre Order pricing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.