Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change from the truck to the SUV but what will it do to my reservation position. Does anyone know? i am also hoping that the max pack battery will be an option by the time they start delivering R1s.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I want to change from the truck to the SUV but what will it do to my reservation position. Does anyone know? i am also hoping that the max pack battery will be an option by the time they start delivering R1s.
Max pack most likely won’t be available before R1S deliveries start. Rivian has said the max packs will be 2022, at the earliest.

Changing your configuration will keep your relative place in line, but your delivery date will almost certainly be affected.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey @Root710. Here's what Rivian's website says about switching vehicle models. You might want to reach out to them as well just to confirm.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They've always said you can reconfigure (and change models) but it's not like they're going to hold your place and slot in a new vehicle, you're just moving to a different queue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try chatting with Rivian support and see what information I can glean. My guess is that it will be clear as mud by the time they respond.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in the same situation with a pre-order for an R1T (with Max pack) and wanting to switch to the R1S (also with a Max pack). I contacted Rivian about Max pack availability for the SUV and was told that there would be an announcement about that early in 2022. I did not ask about what the model change would do to my place in line but it almost certainly will mean being pushed to the right.

My guess is that no one will even be able to configure an R1S with a Max pack until late 2022, with delivery perhaps starting in early 2023. Since my pre-order has only been in for about a year, I would also guess that the combination of a place pretty far back in line and the delays in R1S Max pack production will translate to late 2023 or early 2024 delivery for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts