Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left the R1T parked at the airport for 3 days. Outside. 35 degrees no heat no AC
I parked at 40% SOC and my app shows 33% in almost exactly 72 hours.
is this unusual? When the EV’s are at home they are always plugged in so I never noticed any loss from sitting while waiting their turn to be driven.

· Registered
R1T, M3LR, 2x Honda Odyssey
32 Posts
I left the R1T parked at the airport for 3 days. Outside. 35 degrees no heat no AC
I parked at 40% SOC and my app shows 33% in almost exactly 72 hours.
is this unusual? When the EV’s are at home they are always plugged in so I never noticed any loss from sitting while waiting their turn to be driven.
Thanks for the post. I have been searching far and wide to get the latest data on Vampire drain. It's better than other numbers I've been seeing but certainly not encouraging. I am planning to ship a Rivian overseas next month and don't want it to be DOA. I think I can deal with 2% per day but it will be close... this doesn't seem like that hard a problem to solve!! When I turn off my phone it doesn't lose charge!

· Registered
810 Posts
Shipping mode is supposed to address that use case, but in my experience shipping mode has approximately the same drain as other modes with everything shut down (gear guard off, climate system off, etc.). I suggest asking Rivian for advice on shipping without draining the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts