Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several Tesla / EV owners in the forum, so I'm wondering what are your practices for charging your EV's to keep the best health of the batteries? I think Tesla has changed their stance on this over the past few years, but that's just rumor and hearsay, as I don't own one. Do you drain down to 10% and fill up to 100% every now and again, do you not care or pay any attention?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have owned two Tesla's, the recommended is charge to 80-85% regularly and run it down to 20%, reality was I would set the charge limit to 85% and when I was close to 20-30%. Teslas mileage was pretty true the rated miles were what you would get, their battery management was very good. Read the recommendations from Jeff Dahn, tesla's Battery Guru. I wouldn't wait to 20% because you never know what any day would bring, I currently own a Nissan Leaf, (Long Story) the battery management on the car is bad, living in Phoenix on hot days you can count on 50-66% of what the mileage rating is the battery management is poor because it is air cooled, it get me back and forth to work but I charge nightly.

I am hoping Rivian will have good charging control software that can start and stop the charging at a given percentage. I really also am hoping the stated miles are in sync with the actual miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts