Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted by my rivian guide today and My delivery date is between April and May. I was asking my guide about the charging network and how I can look at my options prior to my delivery on the charging network. As it turns out, there is no way to find the charging stations along a route unless you're in the rivian using it from within the car. The closest I was told is electrify America but there are barely any stations around me. Also wanted to see if anyone was told about the cost of using these third party charging stations.

·
Registered
2018 Tesla M3 LR / 2021 VW ID.4 AWD
115 Posts
Two useful sites:

Plugshare let's you find charging locations around the country. For the most part, will show pricing (but it is crowd sourced so not always 100% accurate).

A Better Route Planner allows you to plan a route and will show you charging stops along the way. I find ABRP to be very good estimating consumptions for both our EVs.

·
Registered
481 Posts
"It's sorta like Apple"
More like Google. Apple rides herd on the apps making sure there's a good level of interoperability. Google it's more of a free for all which is the state of fast DC charging today. Some you have to plug in first and then use the screen, others use the screen and then plug in.

Use PlugShare to find the charging companies in your area and then go to their websites for more up to date locations, pricing and how-to info. All work better when using their apps and being a subscriber. That eliminates one extra set of communications to the credit card company and back that can often cause the charger to time out or the communication fails. Some offer the small charging cards (ChargePoint) which make it very easy, all you do is swipe it.

Some scouting is always good, look for "EV Charging" signs along your common routes. Especially on rural routes, the local public utility will often have a couple at their office.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts