Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has there been a final decision on which side of the vehicle the charge port is located on the R1S? I am planning a new garage layout and I have to inform the electrician of the location of my Level 2 charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure, but if you can't get the answer in time you can have the electrician rough-in a conduit on both sides, and then wait to pull wire and install the charger until you know for sure. Roughing in conduit in an additional location is a minor cost in the grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I emailed Rivian in June with the same question. Here is their response: "As far as the charge port, it will be located on the passenger side right below/behind the headlight! Using a J1772 connector and a 40 A circuit, you can expect a full charge every morning when you plug your vehicle in before bed."

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no location of the plug receptacle that will satisfy everyone. Left side, Right side, front, or rear. All positions limit access to the receptacle at one time or another. An automated receiver on the underside of the vehicle would accommodate everyone, if such a connection were available. The connection must be conductive. Just saying

1 - 4 of 4 Posts