Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the Forum having just gotten my notification that my R1T is ready for payment which I guess means it's coming along. I got the vin number so I could provide an insurance card. I have 2 Tesla "chargers" one in my garage and 1 in an outdoor covered space. I doubt the Rivian will get a garage spot so I'll use the Tesla plug with an adapter.
1. Any recommendations for the adapter. there seem to be 2 popular versions a metal one for $300+ and a plastic one for $179. the meal is rated at 80amps which I don't have and it won't work with a supercharger so any recommendations. My first thought is buy both since when I leave one somewhere, I won't be stranded.
2. Best app for finding chargers and recommendation for chargers. I travel from NYC to upstate New York weekly, My city garage has Tesla chargers and I pass 2 superchargers on the way but now I need regular chargers. what is the best app?
3. I have never had range anxiety with my Model 3 dual motor new Model y Performance. How is it with the Rivian?
4. I'm looking very forward to joining this community and participating.

By the way, R1T, canyon grey (to mach the Teslas) Adventure Edition, large battery, 22 inch black wheels and maybe something I forgot.

Ray.

· Registered
16 Posts
I would get a TeslaTap adapter. Not a cheap one from China.

Be sure to get one with a higher amperage than you need. The issue is that anything you use to charge should be rated high enough that after 3 hours you are only using 85% of max.

So if you’re charging at 32amps get a 40amp one. I’d pay the extra for the 80amp and then you never have to worry. It’s great to be able to charge at Tesla destination chargers.

I also came from a Tesla and have a wall charger with 60amps. Charges the Rivian at 26 mile/hr.

· Registered
3 Posts
I also was notified the purchase process was starting. They sent me a VIN 13,03X just curious what your VIN started with...

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also was notified the purchase process was starting. They sent me a VIN 13,03X just curious what your VIN started with...
my vin is 1304x, but I just got the penalty box because apparently when I did the final configuration I omitted the tonneau slats. they are shipping them next year and I paid for them immediately bu had to sign a new contract so there is now a 4 day delay. My guide said before thanksgiving, so I have time to buy more stuff. I did buy the 80 amp adapter and a 45 for when I leave the 80 behind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts