Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey @Gavin and @NY_Rob can you guys share the new IPO info? Thanks.

Thank you for pre-registering for the Rivian Directed Share Program (DSP). We have selected Morgan Stanley to serve as the administrator of our DSP.

Here are some important details:
  • Within the next 48 hours, you will receive an email from Morgan Stanley which will provide an overview of Rivian’s DSP and important deadlines.
  • The email will also include a customized link to Morgan Stanley’s secure website where you will indicate your interest in the DSP, open a special brokerage account, and learn about other registration requirements. If you have an existing Morgan Stanley account, you may use it for this program.
  • The invitation will be sent from “Morgan Stanley DSP Group” and the email address will be [email protected]. Please ensure the email address is not blocked by your spam filters so that you receive your invitation in a timely manner. Please do not reply or send messages to this email address.
  • As with all investment opportunities, this will be an individual decision based on your own personal circumstances and risk tolerance, as no investments are guaranteed. Therefore, we urge you to review the preliminary prospectus and base your investment decision on the information contained in the prospectus.
We appreciate your support,
- Team Rivian

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
So Rivian bounced up from 48,490 orders as of OCTOBER FIRST to 55,400 pre-orders as of OCTOBER 31st (after the big PR push with journalists & the media).
Meaning 14.5% of all Rivian orders SINCE ORDER INCEPTION just came within the last 30 days.
That's not too shabby for Rivian.
Of course the key will be keeping that pace up over a long duration and execution (AKA delivery to real customers).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nov: 125 a week…525 a month

Dec: double that
250 a week….1000 a month

double that in Jan 2022
500 a week…2000 a month

it likely won’t keep doubling each month, but at that point they are starting to get through the R1T early deposit holders in a year? Maybe 30k R1Ts by 12/31/22, with 60k in 2023?

Does anybody know how many Launch Editions there were?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a follow up....

Everybody should get an email from Morgan Stanley in the next 48 hours...
From the filing:
"Through our base of preorders, we observe strong affinity for our brand which we expect to intensify as brand awareness grows and we welcome new customers to the Rivian community. As of October 31, 2021, we had approximately 55,400 R1T and R1S preorders in the United States and Canada from customers who each paid a cancellable and fully refundable deposit of $1,000. Based on our current production forecast, we expect to fill our preorder backlog of approximately 55,400 by the end of 2023."

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That would be great, but I think 55k in their first year is optimistic…but I hope they’re right :)

edit: 55k by end of 2023, not 2022. So 30k in 2022 is me being overly optimistic

·
Registered
5 Posts
Someone said somewhere that LE will be done by the end of the year.
Someone else somewhere else was guessing that LE are used to be 1500-3000 cars.
Now Rivian tell us 1200 R1T by EOY, so let's guess 1500 R1S LE and a 2-3 months production time frame (and the last in line for R1S LE (that's me), got my R1S by March).

Agree that last week numbers were very disapointing, but now it's x2 per week for the next 10 years.... (ok, nvm, let's forget that last statement). 5xx range with a 15 000 LE would have lead to a longer wait time for me... so the current numbers are nice (just let me deam).

Rivian plan to be done with the 55k current preorders by the end of 2023.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Someone said somewhere that LE will be done by the end of the year.
Someone else somewhere else was guessing that LE are used to be 1500-3000 cars.
Now Rivian tell us 1200 LE by EOY, so let's guess 1500 R1S and a 2-3 months production time frame (and the last in line for R1S LE (that's me), got my R1S by March).

Agree that last week numbers were very disapointing, but now it's x2 per week for the next 10 years.... (ok, nvm, let's forget that last statement). 5xx range with a 15 000 LE would have lead to a longer wait time for me... so the current numbers are nice (just let me deam).

Rivian plan to be done with the 55k current preorders by the end of 2023.
Another snippet from the amended filing showing the 1,200 quantity, though not specifying whether LE or not.
"By the end of 2021, we intend to produce approximately 1,200 R1Ts and 25 R1Ss and deliver approximately 1,000 R1Ts and 15 R1Ss."

·
Registered
38 Posts
I received my info from Morgan Stanley and am a new account holder. Now to fund it. I will wait to do that tomorrow. I will have time to finish the prospectus. Interesting that the prospectus sent by Rivian has 85 pages and the Morgan Stanley has over 200 pages. Reading is in my future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.