Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is anyone in the Chicagoland area that has seen what the progress is like at 932 W Randolph St (assuming that's still the planned location for the Rivian Hub)? The last pictures from Google street view are from August and it still looked quite far away from completion.

I am definitely planning a road trip when the store is up-and-running.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've gone by the 932 Randolph building a few times recently. The outside of it is finished and it looks like the inside has been roughed in but no finished work has commenced. It appears that it will be only a showroom. There is no entrance suitable for service work. Also, Rivian is just one of three tenants on the first floor. They will need a Chicago ara service center and I have no idea where that will be located. The location for this showroom seems odd to me- downtown in the Fulton/Randolph Market district. Tesla was smart with their showrooms when they started in Chicago- high end suburban malls smack dab in the middle of their targetd demographic

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm in the same region, but outside of the city and also found it extremely WEIRD that RIVIAN would open their center in an area where 90% of the residents are young YUPPIE downtown Chicago residents, who work in the downtown area, go no further than the downtown area for entertainment. And the last thing they would want is the responsibility of finding a parking spot or the monthly fee for a parking spot for a car 🚗, let alone a truck or SUV! I have seen the resident monthly parking fees for as much as $1000 a month. And here's one that would really blow your minds, there are a large number of the residents in the area are strictly commuters or UBER dependent, and have never learned to drive! As mentioned Tesla has their facilities strategically placed in the more popular and populated suburbs. And if you drive thru the suburbs of Chicago, you will surely pass a Tesla every 20 seconds. "Not sure who was responsible for the market study 🤔 in the Chicago area, but it would be my guess that they never spent much time in the area!" "JUST SAYING!"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts