Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news about the child seat configuration in the 7 seat version?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, looks like the all have the tether mounts, but only the middle has the ISO latche points. Also, looks like they recommend using the middle row for car seats. Not sure if that comes from rear impact, that the middle seats are safer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks, looks like the all have the tether mounts, but only the middle has the ISO latche points. Also, looks like they recommend using the middle row for car seats. Not sure if that comes from rear impact, that the middle seats are safer.
Where did you see this? I’m hoping to get 2 car seats and a booster in the 2nd row and keep the 3rd row down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for writing back. We love all the questions! I don’t know about you, but am getting so excited to see the snow melt and signs of spring. Before we know it, it will be time to see the R1T and R1S out on the road this summer!

The R1S has a configuration of 3 seats in the middle row and 2 seats in the back. The middle row splits 60/40 to allow access to the back. I have included a picture of this to give you a better visual.

All 5 of the seats have Top Tether Anchors located on the back. However, there are only 2 sets of ISOFIX wires in between the seats, for quickly and safely attaching all varieties of car seats. These are in the middle row; therefore, we'd recommend child seats be installed in the second row of the R1S.

I hope this has answered your questions, but please hesitate to let us know if there are ever any more that we can answer for you. We are here to help!

Have an adventurous weekend,
Katy

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
And the seat functions more like a 40/20/40 than 60/40.

·
Registered
800 Posts
That’s a fake pic. Everybody knows this is how kids behave in the backseat of a car... :LOL:
View attachment 1725
RJ and his family seem to be the "perfect" American family -- at least based on how they're publicly portrayed.

I bet RJ has only ever gotten really angry ONCE, and it caused him to say "darn it" and his immense shame for such a slip up has kept him in line ever since.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
RJ and his family seem to be the "perfect" American family -- at least based on how they're publicly portrayed.

I bet RJ has only ever gotten really angry ONCE, and it caused him to say "darn it" and his immense shame for such a slip up has kept him in line ever since.
Elon Musk is like Tony Stark/Iron Man. RJ is Clark Kent/Superman.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, it was not my idea. Why do you think it doesn't make sense? I like it :)
The Tony Stark / Elon Musk analogy gives Elon too much credit, imo. But it's the better of the two analogies. The Clark Kent / RJ analogy is the one that feels extremely forced to me. Other than clean-cut visual comparison, I really don't see how it applies, at all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The Tony Stark / Elon Musk analogy gives Elon too much credit, imo. But it's the better of the two analogies. The Clark Kent / RJ analogy is the one that feels extremely forced to me. Other than clean-cut visual comparison, I really don't see how it applies, at all.

Are sure that you cannot see other resemblance? Seriously, there's also the stealth mode of RJ compared to the "I am iron men" splash approach of Musk. And RJ looks like a genuine good guy, like Superman, while Musk has this as***** type of attitude that is also how Tony Stark is.

·
Registered
800 Posts
View attachment 1739
Are sure that you cannot see other resemblance? Seriously, there's also the stealth mode of RJ compared to the "I am iron men" splash approach of Musk. And RJ looks like a genuine good guy, like Superman, while Musk has this as***** type of attitude that is also how Tony Stark is.
re-read my post. I said the visual comparison is the ONLY part of the analogy that fits, imo.

·
Registered
241 Posts
re-read my post. I said the visual comparison is the ONLY part of the analogy that fits, imo.
I know I know. Just couldn't miss the chance of posting the pictures. kkk

But I do think that the splash talkative style of Tony Stark/Elon Musk vs the stealth more low profile of Clark Kent/RJ fits well both CEOs and also the companies they work. Of course, these are real life people with many different traits and neither will be a perfect fit to some comic book characters. Also, who knows how these guys are in their personal life? We only know the public personas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts