Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
I had the same clicking/ticking sound as you. SC retorqued and relubed the front and rear wheel axle hubs. That seemed to fixed it. It's been 2 weeks now but I'll be listening to it if it comes back.

· Registered
6 Posts
Greetings,
I've got a R1T with about 7000 miles. I've noticed a small clicking sound when I start or stop.
Over time, the sound ses to be getting more frequent.
Is anyone else experiencing this condition and if so, have you had service.
It doesn't affect performance and no error lights, but it just doesn't seem normal.
Thanks for any replies
As an automotive technician that is typical of loose bolts check drive train and suspension bolts, it’s not uncommon for bolts to loosen after being put into service.

· Registered
9 Posts
Let me know what this ends up being. 6,000+ miles and I just started noticing this sound on my truck as well. Coincidentally, I just had the front end “recall” completed… wondering if it might be related as it seems to come from the front end only?
Picked up my vehicle last week from the service center for multiple items. The clicking sound was determined to be a issue with the rear drive unit. It took a little over a week for them to receive the new drive unit which required 9 hours of labor to install. I’ve had my vehicle back cents Monday and the clicking sound has not returned.

· Registered
47 Posts
I have the same issue. My car also has 7000 miles and I have a service advisor coming by tomorrow to have this fixed. According to the recall service advisor who drove my car, there are 2 bolts in the front axles that need to be replaced. Its a clicking sound most notable when you drive slower and engage or disengage the accelerator slightly. When its fixed, I will report back here in the forum.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have about 7K miles on my truck and my clicking sound is somewhat minimized in Eco Mode. I guess indicating the sound is emanating from the rear drive assembly. Every other mode, there is a click when I step on the accelerator or when I take my foot off of the accelerator. I reported the issue which was not detected for the first month of driving the car and took it for service in El Segundo. I was told this was something that could not be fixed and part of the mechanical design of the truck. BTW, several of my complaints have been dealt with in this manner. Wind noise on the passenger side of the front windshield was deemed as "acceptable turbulence". Interesting reading here (thanks Rob911) and worth asking to have it fixed again as it is annoying as hell.

· Registered
32 Posts
My half shaft noise started at around 2000 miles. Around 7000 miles it was “repaired” by repacking the grease and tightening bolts. By the time I drove 150 miles home it was back and worse than ever. In my humble opinion it is a design/manufacturing defect and Rivian needs to own up to it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts