Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some good charging tips to keep in mind for cold weather once people start getting their R1Ts and R1S'.

Getting ready for winter:

Use proper winter tires
Check tire pressure and fill
Disable auto folding side mirrors
Set regen braking to low or reduced
Lift wiper blades before snow
5 tips to minimize the loss of range

Maximizing range in cold weather:

Slow down and don't accelerate quickly
Use heated seats/steering wheel and less on cabin heater
Use eco mode
Preconditioning is your friend
Park in direct sunlight if possible

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NEVER!

AFAIK, this has been debunked. The risk of bent wiper arms is too high for little benefit. Buy a vehicle with good defroster performance, instead.
I've heard so many takes on the wiper arms I'm not sure what to believe haha.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
I've heard so many takes on the wiper arms I'm not sure what to believe haha.
My take is it has nothing to do with freezing. It is easier to clear the snow from the windshield if the wipers are out of the way. Once cleared I would lower them, even if the temp was still below freezing.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My take is it has nothing to do with freezing. It is easier to clear the snow from the windshield if the wipers are out of the way. Once cleared I would lower them, even if the temp was still below freezing.
That's usually what I end up doing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My last three vehicles have had remote engine start. Leave the wipers down. Start the vehicle 5-10 minutes before you leave and the cabin is conditioned and the windshield is clear.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Gives me a reference point for aggressive ice/snow removal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts