Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am wondering if some companies should review non-disclosures with their employees. Two interesting comments.
1. One of them mentions SKB. I take this to be the SKateBoard. In this comment there is also the 'code' "R1T-VP3". This makes me wonder if there has been 3 revisions of the skateboard frame for the R1T
2. Also the comment that talks about Lines. Alludes to Line 1 being done or close to it and Line 2 coming up 2nd part of 2021.

·
Registered
817 Posts
1. One of them mentions SKB. I take this to be the SKateBoard. In this comment there is also the 'code' "R1T-VP3". This makes me wonder if there has been 3 revisions of the skateboard frame for the R1T
In the latest video where Rivian lets the Long Way Up producer drive a newer prototype, they do discuss what they learned from the Long Way Up trips. An engineer specifically mentioned that they learned a lot about rough terrain and they have since modified the frame design to be a lot stiffer in the front.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
In the latest video where Rivian lets the Long Way Up producer drive a newer prototype, they do discuss what they learned from the Long Way Up trips. An engineer specifically mentioned that they learned a lot about rough terrain and they have since modified the frame design to be a lot stiffer in the front.
That has me wondering what its overall rigidity will be like and how it will hold up in independent testing.

·
Registered
256 Posts

I am wondering if some companies should review non-disclosures with their employees. Two interesting comments.
2. Also the comment that talks about Lines. Alludes to Line 1 being done or close to it and Line 2 coming up 2nd part of 2021.
The Amazon vans have their own production line (separate from the R1T/R1S) in a different area of the facility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts