Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree none of the Hyaundai/Kia offerings present a real threat to Rivian, very few people will cross-shop those with the R1S. But there is real competition coming. Mercedes has an BEV G Waggon on the way and Jeep will have a BEV Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer coming in the next 3-5 years (which is apparently about when I can expect a max pack R1S according to some on this forum). I realize the R1S will probably slot in between those vehicles from a cost perspective, but I think some people will cross shop them from one side or the other. For me personally, the max pack R1S is more than I'd typically ever spend on a car and I don't truly need all the space, capability or power (of course I want it, but don't actually need it). If a well equipped BEV Grand Cherokee were available for 60-70K in the next 2 years, I'd be very interested and probably be canceling my pre-order.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.