Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Config Confirmed vs Shop?!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rareohs 
#1 ·
So my R1S configuration was just confirmed yesterday or Thursday… and while my guide said that likely means they have identified a vehicle coming off the production line that matches my configuration the next step is waiting for a VIN, he really couldn’t give any guarantees and also said it’s possible the next update to my delivery window might not come until the end of July.

And this morning I wake to find a vehicle in the R1 shop that perfectly matches my configurations, available “now” (1-8 week)

Faster to grab it, or wait for my original??

has anyone grabbed one off the shop instead of their configuration? How long did it take from that step to delivery?

#5 ·
Unless things have changed dramatically at Rivian, all "configuration confirmed" means is that your reservation in their system is locked in the configuration you specified. I don't believe it means that a vehicle in your configuration is in the Rivian production system, just waiting to be far enough along in the process to be assigned a VIN.

My May 2020 pre-order was tagged with the "configuration confirmed" status when I assigned my first Rivian guide, about a year ago. I was also given a delivery estimate that, if memory serves, was July - Sept of this year. Since that time, I needed to re-configure (my reservation was for a quad R1T Max) and my status has been "configuration confirmed" for quite some time now. Delivery status has been in the "Processing estimate" phase the whole time. Rivian updates its delivery estimates quarterly and with the end of the second quarter in June, there may be something more specific in the Delivery Estimate panel on your account in July.

Since you have access to the R1 Shop, it will almost certainly be quicker to take a vehicle from there. As you found out, it you see something you want, you should pull the trigger immediately or risk loosing out on it.

#8 ·
Unless things have changed dramatically at Rivian, all "configuration confirmed" means is that your reservation in their system is locked in the configuration you specified. I don't believe it means that a vehicle in your configuration is in the Rivian production system, just waiting to be far enough along in the process to be assigned a VIN.

My May 2020 pre-order was tagged with the "configuration confirmed" status when I assigned my first Rivian guide, about a year ago. I was also given a delivery estimate that, if memory serves, was July - Sept of this year. Since that time, I needed to re-configure (my reservation was for a quad R1T Max) and my status has been "configuration confirmed" for quite some time now. Delivery status has been in the "Processing estimate" phase the whole time. Rivian updates its delivery estimates quarterly and with the end of the second quarter in June, there may be something more specific in the Delivery Estimate panel on your account in July.

Since you have access to the R1 Shop, it will almost certainly be quicker to take a vehicle from there. As you found out, it you see something you want, you should pull the trigger immediately or risk loosing out on it.
thanks, this was helpful… Another perfect match appeared last night and this time I didn’t hesitate! Working on the initial purchasing steps now… woo hoo!! 😀😀😀

#6 ·
I confirmed our configuration on Thursday (white, ocean coast R1S) and was told I’d also get access to R1 Shop. On Friday was pulled from shop access as I was matched to our exact build in our local service center for delivery in the next few days! Vin is is the 9600 range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.