Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought those who pre ordered were supposed to get an email starting today with a code to access the configurator? I don't have one? Anyone else get it already?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did not get the email either and sent a note to Rivian Customer Service asking if the launch has been postponed.

While Rivian manufacturing is in Normal, IL and the Central Time zone, I believe that headquarters are in CA. If the launch is truly related to an 0800 start time, those of us on the East coast have three more hours to wait. I suspect that Rivian is already overwhelmed with requests like mine and will not be surprised if it is 48 hours or more before I get a response.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did not get the email either and sent a note to Rivian Customer Service asking if the launch has been postponed.

While Rivian manufacturing is in Normal, IL and the Central Time zone, I believe that headquarters are in CA. If the launch is truly related to an 0800 start time, those of us on the East coast have three more hours to wait. I suspect that Rivian is already overwhelmed with requests like mine and will not be surprised if it is 48 hours or more before I get a response.
Yeah they said today but not at 12am today. 8am CT will make the most sense since that's when their support service opens.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If anyone gets theirs first, be sure to post here so we all know!
Sometimes I feel like the emails don't all go out at once.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The email drop is obviously not at 0800 CT. If it's going to happen today, my guess is now for 1000 Central/1100 Eastern, which will be 0800 for the CA HQ.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So..... someone mentioned that the Rivian team told him that it would come out in the afternoon Pacific time... ughhh I was really hoping in the morning. Regarthless, we still have a week before the rest of the world gets it..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I emailed them but given the situation, expect they got a lot of queries like mine and don't expect a timely response.

·
Registered
699 Posts
So..... someone mentioned that the Rivian team told him that it would come out in the afternoon Pacific time... ughhh I was really hoping in the morning. Regarthless, we still have a week before the rest of the world gets it..
That makes sense, they don't want to exclude the west coast and it's where a lot of their offices are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That makes sense, they don't want to exclude the west coast and it's where a lot of their offices are.
Flipside is that evening PST will slam the site HARD, and their poor web services staff will have to be up all night putting out fires. Early morning EST is usually the best time for these sort of things, since it spreads out the hits and most of the stuff that breaks will break during business hours.

I'm cross-shopping the R1S with the new Bronco, and that configurator launch was a fiasco. I'm curious if the "young scrappy and hungry" company can do it better than dinosaur Ford, because the quality and reliability of the configurators may actually be a decent proxy for the vehicles themselves; cars nowadays are basically rolling code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have staggered the invites from IT perspective to avoid loading up help lines and server load.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts