Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like new info on accessories & pricing:
  • Spare tire pricing: ($600 for road 21", $800 for all others)
  • Snow Peak dining set and gear shuttle included in Camp Kitchen for limited time
  • Tent w/ cargo crossbars: $2650
  • Gear tunnel shuttle: $1500
  • Crossbars: $450/pair
  • Bike mount: $250
  • Ski Rack: $310
  • Kayak mount: $200
  • SUP/Surfboard Mount: $300
  • Home wall charger: $500
  • All-weather floor mats: $175
  • Recovery gear: $600 (doesn't look like it includes maxx traxx)
  • Field kit: $150 (first aid, etc?)
  • Air Compressor accessories: $60

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would have been nice if Rivian had sent out an email to pre-order holders that this had happened.
What am I thinking, its no-communicate Rivian. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two Questions:

1. How many LE holders will now forgo the off-road package to save $2k?

2. How many will actually buy the spare tire?

Bonus Question—How do we feel about Rivian pushing production to July and LE completion by Spring 2022? 😱 (No.1 above a consolation attempt?)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
Two Questions:

Bonus Question—How do we feel about Rivian pushing production to July and LE completion by Spring 2022? 😱 (No.1 above a consultation attempt?)
I added offroad package back to mine. On the fence about the spare, but will like just buy a cheap rim and tire separately for half the cost or less.

Not sure if this is new info or not, but I did notice that the details on the battery selection indicates that Offroad package may impact your range. Makes sense given the skid plate adds weight.

Reactions: ginztoy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Looks like new info on accessories & pricing:
  • Spare tire pricing: ($600 for road 21", $800 for all others)
  • Snow Peak dining set and gear shuttle included in Camp Kitchen for limited time
  • Tent w/ cargo crossbars: $2650
  • Gear tunnel shuttle: $1500
  • Crossbars: $450/pair
  • Bike mount: $250
  • Ski Rack: $310
  • Kayak mount: $200
  • SUP/Surfboard Mount: $300
  • Home wall charger: $500
  • All-weather floor mats: $175
  • Recovery gear: $600 (doesn't look like it includes maxx traxx)
  • Field kit: $150 (first aid, etc?)
  • Air Compressor accessories: $60
Nice of them to throw in the Snow Peak kitchen set with the Camp Kitchen lol, especially with it being a 30 piece set.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Two Questions:

Bonus Question—How do we feel about Rivian pushing production to July and LE completion by Spring 2022? 😱 (No.1 above a consultation attempt?)
Rivian must've had a lot of people ask about this if they're now making it optional.

From their website: "Over the past months, we’ve talked with many of you about the Electric Adventures you’ll soon be taking. While the trips all sound exciting, they don’t always involve extreme off-roading — the standard capability of our vehicles is more than enough."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like the price dropped for me. maybe its because it took away the cost of spare tire???
that begs a question. do I get the tent setup with bars or do I go with the tire?
I like the way the First Aid kit fits but is it worth 150 for some band-aids and an ace wrap?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice to see some comms coming from Rivian.

Branded/Yakima gear looks mostly reasonable, but nothing amazing. I am a little disappointed not seeing a winch option available to support the off road packages/recovery gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like the price dropped for me. maybe its because it took away the cost of spare tire???
that begs a question. do I get the tent setup with bars or do I go with the tire?
I like the way the First Aid kit fits but is it worth 150 for some band-aids and an ace wrap?
I think the price dropped due to removal of the off-road package. If you don’t need it is truly a drop, but if you want the tent, will possibly need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the price dropped due to removal of the off-road package. If you don’t need it is truly a drop, but if you want the tent, will possibly need.
I just noticed that... I don't know how I feel about that now. I know having the option is probably best but I feel like it was a promise that all launch editions would had the off road package free. Now they say, "Yea, bout that free 20 bucks we will have a hidden line item costing approximately 20 bucks.
Edit: Take that comment as a gripe about me having to make more decisions on how to outfit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The offroad package is still free. It's a 2000$ charge and they've subtracted that from the starting price of the launch edition. If you add it back on, you add the price back on and it returns to the original starting price. This is only a good thing that they have done.

No brainer for me. I'm buying the R1T to go places that aren't paved. The wilder the better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am little disappointed. I was really backing that Rivian will make their commitments. The start of deliveries in July is not a big deal but completing all LE deliveries by Spring 2022 is a major 3-4 month delay from earlier commitment of all LE to be delivered by 2021. Also with these last minute changes, I am loosing my trust in Rivian. They are just buying time every time and actually this makes them almost 1 yr late from their earlier commitment.

Also I can now bet that Spring 2022 will end up becoming Summer 2022. With every update they are only sharing news of delays.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rivian themselves never once promised all LE's would be delivered in 2021. That was a bit of reading between the lines we all did and as tends to happen, the more times we said it, the more 'true' it became. They broke no promise on that front.
With them stating regular deliveries will start from January, 2022. It was more than implied that LE deliveries will finish before that. What was meant by that all LE holders will be contacted by thanksgiving 2021. Yes, we can debate that a formal date was not released but it will very well pointed towards that. For me it is bait and switch, was not expecting that from them. Guess, I was hoping them to be more transparent and not like typical dealership mentality.

I am not jumping fence but just stating that I am indeed hurt. With one update they just added 6 more months to their commitment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am little disappointed. I was really backing that Rivian will make their commitments. The start of deliveries in July is not a big deal but completing all LE deliveries by Spring 2022 is a major 3-4 month delay from earlier commitment of all LE to be delivered by 2021. Also with these last minute changes, I am loosing my trust in Rivian. They are just buying time every time and actually this makes them almost 1 yr late from their earlier commitment.

Also I can now bet that Spring 2022 will end up becoming Summer 2022.
So that definitely got my attention too and I hope that we won’t see any more of a slide. That said, I think (hope) that taken in context the completion of LE editions by “Spring 2022” included not just the R1Ts but also the R1S LEs, which Rivian always advertised as not starting production until later this fall anyway…. If so, disappointing but not a major set back. That would also explain the Thanksgiving reference too (i.e., R1S LE holders will be notified by then).

Admittedly, this is some more reading between the lines…. But plausible and gives Rivian maximum flexibility.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts